“Microwaves make bad cooks”

Bowmans at the Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Microwaves make bad cooks”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Where do I begin?
1) the people who wrote good reviews on Bowmans clearly have never been out to eat nor do they have any basic expectations at all.
2) while being seated by the boss lady, we were told they serve pepsi products. My daughter asked for water, my wife asked for a pepsi and I asked for a beer. Very sternly I was told they dont serve beer and that I can have a pepsi. Okay, i'll take a pepsi.
3) DO NOT ask for a lemon with your water. If you want lemon, there's a whole dish full of lemon juice packets that are full of chemicals and dont taste anything like lemon.
4) my daughters grilled chicken sandwhich has a strange look to it and was microwaved. Under know circumstances was this cooked after we ordered it. The french fries were hanging out under a heat lamp for a couple of hours.
5) my fried oysters were not fried after I ordered them. Just a simple push of a microwave button would do the trick. My tater tots were hanging out under a heat lamp for several days. Tarter sauce should be cold and served with the seafood. Instead, there was a large squeeze bottle sitting there since 1970.
6) let's get back to boss lady for a minute.....she seated a table of 7 and 2 of them went to the bathroom. She was upset that while taking their pepsi product drink order, they were missing.
7) We asked boss lady for two more minutes to read over the menu. She was back in exactly two minutes AND forcefully begin to take our order if we were ready or not.
8) DO NOT ask boss lady any questions. Get your pepsi product, order your lunch, eat your lunch, get out.
9) so long story short...they are simply being cheap about their whole operation and take no pride at all in service and quality of their food. There are other establishments who will be much better.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

• Visited July 2013

“What a great find, great food and great service.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Great restaurant , the waitress was very welcoming and friendly. I ordered the hamburger steak with shrimp. It was the best shrimp I have had in a long time and the hamburger steak was huge. What a great value for your money. Very family atmosphere oriented. I will definitely be going back and I will be recommending to all if my friends. Good job!

Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
“Brings back fond memories of my childhood beach vacations”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant reminded me so much of the types of family-run beach restaurants of my youth. We had dinner here early the week of July 4. The business has been run by the Bowman family for the last 19 years. Decor is nothing fancy, but very relaxed and welcoming. Our waitress was friendly and very efficient. My husband and I each had their seafood platters, his came with tater tots and mine with french fries and each platter included a side of cole slaw & hush puppies. We started with the hush puppies which were still warm and delicious. We were served very promptly...honestly, in record time! Food was fresh and tasted delicious. There was so much on the plate, I couldn't finish all of mine!

If you're looking for a nice family-oriented place to have lunch or dinner and enjoy some reasonably-priced, good southern cooking and seafood, you will not be disappointed with Bowmans.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank SummerMama57
“Great calabash seafood!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We have visited many of the seafood resteraunts in this area and Bowmans was the best overall. Great prices and the best quality by far. There were also some great non seafood options. Service was excellent. Shrimp were fresh and cooked perfectly.

Ironton, Ohio
“Another great meal!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here many times through the years and have never been disappointed. It is fried seafood I don't recommend eating it every day but for a treat once a year what the heck go for it. Food was great as always, can't wait to go back.

• Visited June 2013