“Great Seafood and BBQ”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Fastest resturant I have ever been in even though people were waiting outside to get in. BBQ is smoked just right. Pulled BBQ. The sause is on the side which is a strong vinegar base. May have others I just didnt ask. Plate size for money well worth it. Wife, daughter had seafood which which was great too. Hush puppies great too. Nice friendly waitresses. Will visit again.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

We got take out from Bowmans and once again it was great! My husband and I shared the combination plate that has everything and it was plenty for both of us! My husband even had leftover for lunch the next day. Because we got take out, we did not get the kids food from Bowmans, but I think the kids meals are a bit expensive nearly $8 for my 2.5 and 7yrs old is a bit much. The quality of the take out was just as good as sitting down and eating.. The only thing I would suggest is putting the cole slaw in a seperate container. They put it in the small divider in the same container with the fish and some of the liquids made a piece of fish a little soggy. Otherwise a great experience and we will definitely keep going back!

Reviewed July 15, 2011

We had a very nice server, and the hushpuppies and cole slaw were delicious. That's where it ended. "Lightly breaded" meant the clam strips and shrimp came out of the freezer with about a half inch of Wonder Bread stuck to them. The flounder filet was 60 percent skin but was in fact fresh and breadled somewhat more lightly than the shellfish. The oysters weren't seasonal, so they had to come from a jar and were relatively flavorless. My wife's broiled flounder had no flavor, and the butter wasn't. But the hushpuppies were delicious. That's it for us at Bowmans. Jack Mackerel's is a better choice for fried seafood - a little pricier, but really, this was EXACTLY like defrosting HoJo's frozen shrimp and strips and warming them in the oven 40 years ago. Yech.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

I live on the island and think this is the BEST place for fried seafood...food is GREAT and prices aren't too high like some of the other restaurants. Delivery is also GREAT!!!

Reviewed July 2, 2011

This resturant was average in appearance and atmosphere. My husband ordered fried fish and shrimp and I ordered rib-eye with baked potato and had to order the large house salad because they didn't offer a small side salad to go with the steak. My husband and I split the large salad which had a tablespoon of chopped tomotoes in the center of the salad. The sweet tea was cloudy and not very good (tasted like it was made with beach water) and no real pieces of lemon was offered to go with the tea but were given packets of lemon juice and it just tasted awful. Texas toast came with the steak, but it was just toasted bread no butter or seasoning, no taste. My steak, which I ordered cooked medium-well, was very good, there were no steak seasonings or enhancements to the meat. The baked potato was old, tasted like it was cooked the day before, re-heated and served, it was very bad. No real sour cream to go with the bad potato just something like sour cream in a peal-off the top small container, I didn't eat it. We were also served cole slaw and it was really awful, not a good fresh taste. My husband said his fish and shrimp were good but did not taste fresh, tasted like frozen, and the waitress forgot the hushpuppies, finally got them half-way through the meal when we reminded her. Overall the meal was not worth the price paid, just under $50.00 for two people, should have been more like $25. When we checked out the hostess was aggressive and pushy about putting the tip on our credit card, We always leave cash for the waitress and we told her so. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give the place a 3-4. (Restaurant/Food Critic, "Average Joe Critics" S.B. Iglesias)