“Good dinner”

Gulfstream Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Local favorite for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Causal dining overlooking the Yacht Basin in the heart of Carolina Beach. Daily specials, seafood specialties and a full range of family fare.
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Atmospher was diner like, we had a window and watched the fisherman come off the boats. I ordered fried flounderand my husband fried shrimp, both were delicious and reasonable $12. My son got speghetti and loved it $7. My other son got chicken fingers. Overall our food was delicious, but our service was a bit slow and the atmospher a bit casual for us.

Reviewed April 25, 2010

If you want tasty home cooking,a family atmosphere, good service,clean surroundings,and reasonable prices---then you have arrived. Every time we visit we always eat several of our meals here. Yes, during the summer on weekends parking can be an issue. However, it is worth the effort to get a wide variety of choices,for all 3 meals, and really enjoy the food. WARNING--they do not accept any forms of plastic, nor out-of town checks---so be sure to take enough cash.The smoking issue has been resolved by the new law that prohibits smoking in all NC restaurants. If you want good food,good service,a fair price especially at the beach this is the best choice in the area.

Reviewed April 20, 2010

The Gulfstream is my definitely my favorite place on the beach. My son and I eat there at least once a week for dinner or breakfast. The GS has been opened in 1978, and has been family-owned and operated ever since. The owners can always be found in the kitchen, and much of the staff has been there for quite a while, including the sons Dino and Thomas who help run the restaurant. The GS has excellent service, cheap prices & offers a great selection of food. There is no longer smoking allowed indoors, so it is very family friendly. There’s not another place like it on the beach and I would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed April 16, 2010

I have only been once. Prices are high, and the service is the worst on the beach.

Reviewed April 13, 2010

This is your average seafood place but the prices are alot better here then the other places at Carolina Beach, but just remember the last time I went they only accepted Cash. I would not go here for atmosphere but if you want a good cheap dinner that is good quality seafood.