“Don't go hungry”

Gulfstream Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Local favorite for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Causal dining overlooking the Yacht Basin in the heart of Carolina Beach. Daily specials, seafood specialties and a full range of family fare.
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My daughter and I ate here. Arrived just before 12n. There were only 3 other parties seated when we arrived. My daughter ordered a "large" Greek salad. I ordered a vegetable plate. We placed our order around1205p. We didn't receive our food until 1230p. Our order did not require much prep time. I am unsure what the problem was. Several parties that were seated after us received their food in a timely fashion. Our waitress Debra had the personality of a wet dish cloth. She was very aloof and not good at pretending to care about our dining experience. The food was ok. My daughters "large" salad had approximately half of a small chicken breast on it, a couple slices of tomato, including the core, some brown lettuce, and a boiled egg that was green. Was not pleased at all. Will never return here. DO NOT PATRONAGE THIS ESTABLISHMENT!

2  Thank JULIE L L
Ed T, Owner at Gulfstream Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Sorry you had a bad experience at our restaurant. We are working very hard to re-train our servers to continue to improve our guests experience. If there is anything we can do to earn your business back, please let me know. Please call me at the restaurant if you wish to discuss. Ed Thomas

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Nice, clean, friendly diner with good service and good prices. Went for an early breakfast and enjoyed fresh eggs, bacon, potatoes, biscuits, and coffee.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

The staff was very friendly and the price was right, but the food was pretty standard, bordering on bland. Our waitress forgot to being us a check and she was done as I saw her eating dinner at the counter. We chose this restaurant because the menu was varied and would meet he diverse tastes of our family; everything was adequate but nothing was great.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Two of our favorite dinner dishes were stuffed flounder and fried chicken. We ate biscuits & gravy for breakfast. A good country favorite! Servings were large enough to share. Friendly staff & servers made our dining experience pleasurable. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We had breakfast and dinner, it was very good. Good service, friendly staff, very reasonable prices and close to ocean, all a plus.