“Great Location but DIRTY!!!!!!!”
Review of Dolphin Lane Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Dolphin Lane Motel
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Reviewed July 13, 2010

This place is affordable, the staff was friendly and in a great location on the beach close to the board walk. However, the rooms could use an overhaul. They are extremely out dated, uncomfortable and DIRTY! The beds were like sleeping on plywood boards. There was blood in our bathroom from previous occupants and the towels were showing a lot of wear. Our sheets were changed and our carpet was vaccumed a few times throughout the week but our bathroom and kitchen were never cleaned. I think i did more cleaning in our room than the staff! This would be an excellent place to vacation if the owners would address the cleaning issues. There was free wi-fi that only worked if we would sit on the balacony outside of our room. I would recommend my friends and family try a different place.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank megs4620
There are newer reviews for Dolphin Lane Motel

Reviewed May 19, 2010

We had a great time, staff was fantastic and I called every motel in the area, they were the cheapest.
Con: Room could use a better cleaning. Ceiling fans were filthy, hood over oven was discusting, mirrors didn't appear they were cleaned in weeks, and TV screen looked like some baby threw hit drink on it and tub appeared cleaning until you looked at it in another light, bathroom floor was dirty in corners, and toilet paper holder was broke. I might look a bit harder at the cleaning issues because that is what I do for a living, the attendents should be looking closer at these issues as well because they pay the cleaning ladies to clean. Sheets were fresh and clean. overall.. would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank drivinmebonkers
Reviewed March 22, 2010

The best part was the private balcony that looked right at the beach. The room was clean, there was plenty of parking and we could walk to local restaurants (Britts donuts is on the boardwalk).

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lovetogoplaces1
Reviewed October 28, 2009

I was a little worried when we booked for the first time at Dolphin Lane after reading the reviews but let me tell you no one could find a more beautiful place. The view from our 2nd floor kitchenette was outstanding! You couldn't ask for nicer people!!!!!!! It is a mom and pop, a little worn about the edges but extremely clean. We found the beds comfortable and slept like babies with the door open on the spacious balcony, listening to the waves roll in! People have complained about musty smells and bugs, but we had no problem with either. Come on, its the coast and North Carolina, what do you expect?If you're looking for resort, go somewhere else and leave this great place, with the nicest peple in the world for us !

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank onieNorthCarolina
Reviewed August 15, 2009

Yes, Dolphin Lane Motel is older and the parking lot is very tight but our room was clean and has great easy access to the beach. The beds are hard and we brougt our own pillows. We stayed in room 104 which is on the side with a kitchenette that was more spacious than I expected. The staff was very friendly. I would stay again, we had a great time!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2009

The hotel is a little old (ok with that) but I had 2 teeenagers, a child, and mother on trip. Nobody like the hotel. Brochure pictures are deceiving. Sand dunes block the first floor view if you get oceanfront. So my elderly mom could only sit and look at the grass, 2 park grills, people walking to the beach, and a 10ft sand dune. Also dunes block all ground level view of ocean. The first night there we saw roaches or as another vacationer stated "water bugs". With roaches/water bugs there is a problem. We brought roach spray & sprayed every nite before going to sleep. They were every where. Beds are extra hard and pillows flat as pancakes. Not to mention the extra small parking lot, so leave your trucks & SUVs at home. If you are a non-smoker, stay some where else. although smoking is not allowed in the room, the porches and pool are full of smokers. I've stayed at other places and saw a maybe a spider or lizard, but never roaches. If I had seen the bugs before paying, I would have high-tailed to the cleanest place.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank TLT92
Reviewed July 14, 2009

My family and I arrived on a thursday. Nice room..older hotel but clean and updated.
Surprised to see the firework show right over the ocean. We watched from the hotel.
It was great! We could walk to everything. Great new boardwalk. New rides!!!
Would definately stay again.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family