“Would Return”
Review of Dolphin Lane Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Dolphin Lane Motel
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Reviewed August 15, 2009

Yes, Dolphin Lane Motel is older and the parking lot is very tight but our room was clean and has great easy access to the beach. The beds are hard and we brougt our own pillows. We stayed in room 104 which is on the side with a kitchenette that was more spacious than I expected. The staff was very friendly. I would stay again, we had a great time!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 29, 2009

The hotel is a little old (ok with that) but I had 2 teeenagers, a child, and mother on trip. Nobody like the hotel. Brochure pictures are deceiving. Sand dunes block the first floor view if you get oceanfront. So my elderly mom could only sit and look at the grass, 2 park grills, people walking to the beach, and a 10ft sand dune. Also dunes block all ground level view of ocean. The first night there we saw roaches or as another vacationer stated "water bugs". With roaches/water bugs there is a problem. We brought roach spray & sprayed every nite before going to sleep. They were every where. Beds are extra hard and pillows flat as pancakes. Not to mention the extra small parking lot, so leave your trucks & SUVs at home. If you are a non-smoker, stay some where else. although smoking is not allowed in the room, the porches and pool are full of smokers. I've stayed at other places and saw a maybe a spider or lizard, but never roaches. If I had seen the bugs before paying, I would have high-tailed to the cleanest place.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank TLT92
Reviewed July 14, 2009

My family and I arrived on a thursday. Nice room..older hotel but clean and updated.
Surprised to see the firework show right over the ocean. We watched from the hotel.
It was great! We could walk to everything. Great new boardwalk. New rides!!!
Would definately stay again.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank javaeast
Reviewed March 25, 2009

I viewed the website and it looked like a really nice place to stay. I had to book the room with my credit card and pay all of the balance when we arrived. We had not even seen the room yet. I was so disgusted when I saw our room. We had been driving for hours with 3 children. I sat down and cried. The ceiling in our room was falling down, the carpet was so dirty that I had to throw away my children's socks. The deadbolt did not work. I called the manager to demand my money back so we could leave and he refused. He said that he could move us to another room, yeah right. If you love your family and want to have a good time, PLEASE pass on this motel. I still have nightmares.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank TennesseeChief
Reviewed October 14, 2008

We took a family vacation and rented the duplex since we were having the whole family there. Upon arriving we noticed in the bathroom the ceiling was falling in. Friday night we had the pleasure of listening to it rain in our shower all night since it was a rainy weekend. We notified the office and they said they were aware of the problem. The only solution they had was to give us our money back for Saturday night (since we had already stayed Friday night) and us leave even though we had no where else to go on such short notice for that many people without it costing another arm and a leg and we were not about to do that so we dealt with it. I felt like if nothing else they should have put us in rooms to accomodate us because this was not a safe place to be renting. Also the floor in the bathroom at the shower is falling through. I would not suggest renting this place until they do a lot (and I do mean a lot) of renevating on this house just to bring it up to habitability. Also they brag about it being a family friendly place...well they should keep closer check on their tenants because we sat on our porch and watch "some shady deals" go down in the room above the office. Not only that but they had their window open all weekend(with no screen on that window-which to me should be another violation and unsafe) even though it was raining and the curtain had to be soaked because it blowed outside most of the day saturday since the window stayed open.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2008

We were put out of another local hotel because we complained that our room was dirty. We went to them with no where else to go. They were very accomadating and very helpful. The room was clean, the view to the beach was great and when we went to the pool the owners were there with their children. I felt a very homely feel to this place and will return there every time we go to the beach. YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!!!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paradiseandkenny
Reviewed September 27, 2008

Well we decied to stay at Dolphin Lane motel cause the pictures looked very nice on the internet but when we got there oh my gosh. I could not belive at first i thought well this is ok well when i opened the door i seen cock roaches on there back well i thought ok i can get over this well by night fall i really seen them come out of there shell. My son had a asthma attack due to the mold and dust and ended up in urgent care center and the beds were i believe as old as the motel. Also look under the pillow case before you sleep on them i found out they have brown stains on them so they do not wash them they just put a new pillow case on them.Well housekeeping came the next day with just a vacum cleaner and towel and washcloths and a cigarette in her mouth very professional never cleaned our restroom or anything not even the sheets. So all i'm saying i would not recommend this the people are nice but between the parking being tight and it just being dirty its not the greatest.:)

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Savannah26
Wingate by Wyndham Southport
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
#13 of 19 in Carolina Beach

Been to Dolphin Lane Motel? Share your experiences!