“Burger and a Beer”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“Burger and a Beer”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

If you are looking for a burger and beer while here on Pleasure Island....this is the place to get 'em!

• Visited June 2014

Lakewood, Ohio
“Good Local Bar”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

The Dive is a very friendly bar, so much so that we went to it two nights in a row. The service is great and recommended. Don't miss out on the Plinko game on one side of the bar (bring quarters).

• Visited July 2014
Ohio
“Not very friendly on the phone”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We placed a take out order on the phone. I had to ask a couple questions about the wings because that part of the menu was not listed on their website. Or at least we couldn't see it from our phones. Two of us tried and all that came up was the sandwiches. We also checked Facebook and couldn't find a menu. I was ordering our food and after I asked a couple questions the girl told me, "look, I have about 30 people sitting here staring at me so if you want you can get your order together, you can call back". I didn't do that because I was almost done ordering and I had to ask the questions about the sauces and such since I didn't have a menu. Then when she got done she asked me how many orders of wings total and I told her 5 and of course we still came home with one missing (we only got 4) It wasn't that busy either when we picked up the food so the comment about "30 people staring at her" wasn't necessary, I waited on hold twice for her while she helped other people and that was fine.
The fish tacos were okay, needed more salsa or something. Lots of fish but rather dry, fries were good and the wings were pretty good. No sauce on the hot wings, it was more of a dry rub. But we all ate them. Not sure that we will return though after the way the girl was on the phone. I wish she would've just told me they didn't do take out orders.

New York City, New York
“Okay restaurant, amazing fish taco”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stopped in this restaurant during a walking tour. The restaurant was not ready for us and we had a long wait for the food. While the place is cluttered and had a funny smell, the fish taco was absolutely amazing. While the over abundance of decorations could be overlooked, the odor inside the restaurant made it unpleasant. This place would be more pleasing after a good scrubbing. My wife would have walked out immediately if we weren't on the tour. Despite absolutely loving the fish taco, she's not sure she would return, stating the entire place smelled like they never cleaned the kitchen well.

Visited June 2014
Oak Island, NC
“One of those local hangouts that has good food.”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Located on the main drag The Dive is a nice place to grab a beer and a burger or wings. Lots of tvs, good food, good service. Love to sit and watch the crowds drift by on the street while enjoying a cold one.

Visited April 2014