“Loved the location”
Review of Deck House

Deck House
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We serve some of the most delicious and fresh seafood and handcut steaks around. Come in to try one of our great wines or cocktails and if you are unsure of what to get a friend or family for a gift, our Gift Certificates will always make people happy! We do not accept reservations, however we do have a spacious full service bar for you to wait in if a table is not available right away.
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were a group pf 6 adults and 2 toddlers. We enjoyed the chowder that came with the entrees. My Black and Blue Grouper was very good. My wife had fried shrimp and was very happy with it, Two others had tuna and rated those dishes as average. Maybe it was a tad pricey. I would go back again.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We had dinner here on a recent Saturday evening. It had been recommended to us by our fishing charter captain earlier in the day and had read some good reviews. Had to wait almost an hour to be seated, but we sat by the bar and had some drinks and several good appetizers. However, after we had been seated and ordered our dinners, we were less impressed. The side salads were dull, with wilting lettuce and not much toppings. I had shrimp and grits which consisted of 6 dried out shrimp and strange-looking and strange -tasting grit "cakes"; the flavor was quite bland. My companions all had various cuts of steak which were a bit over-cooked but still tasty. The atmosphere is "energetic" and seems like a good place for groups, couples and families alike.

1  Thank hoyadoc85
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is an old church that has been converted into a restaurant.... great atmosphere! Took awhile to get our food and was kinda pricey for the portions you get, however once we got our food, it was yummy! Great service.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Our dinner at Deck House restaurant was incredibly bad. I would encourage you to save your money and go elsewhere. I ordered the grouper special and it was the worst meal that I have had out. The grouper was bland and lack luster. The lobster sauce on top was thick and congealed. My side of broccoli lacked seasoning. My child did not enjoy her "corn puppies". My Dad did not eat his side of house mashed potato. The grouper chowder was thick and floury. The meal was not what you expect for $25 a plate for each adult. Instead, it was equivalent to what you would expect from a low grade cafeteria. My husband and I are "foodies" and we thoroughly enjoy eating at fine dining establishments. The Deck House does not fit the bill.

3  Thank JeB506
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Ate there with a group of eight. The gratuity was included, so the service drops off a cliff after they take your order. The food was top notch, and most of the entrees were in the twenty dollars range. A little slow in getting the food out to you. The place is not very large, so you would think they would be faster. They are first come first serve, but they are open late. Parking is easy and onsite.

1  Thank Brian C