“perfect Vacation”
Review of Oceaneer Motel

Oceaneer Motel
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stay at this motel every year . The motel may not be a condo or have any fancy accessories the rooms are just what we need. Two beds, tv' with cable', bath, ocean front, pool ,and to top it off out of the five years that I have been going to visit Carolina beach the staff there have never been rood. They have always tried to help us out in any way they could. They are great I love them to death very very kind people. They make it feel like home and it really feels like there part of the family. Here are some examples: The pool opens at 9 am to 9pm any other place would fuss about the pool being closed on time not these guys they would always let the kids swim about a hour longer , We wanted to cook out but forgot certain items we needed to grill they went in got us platter,tin foil and ect, They always helped us out when it came to finding out about fun things we could do around the beach, also I hate hate hate bad storms im scared to death of them been that way since I was little the lady at the front desk with the blond hair I think her name was june lol not sure about that but anyway she is like my own personal forecaster she always lets me know if somthings coming that I should be aware of, These guys will let you stay and swim even though its time to check out and the coolest thing ever this last trip they were so nice to tell us to take our time to check out because no one was expected to come in that that you do not get any where else. I miss this place all ready and will be booking my next vacation very soon.

Room Tip: I like the bottom floor cause it was closer to the pool and the kids could go right out to it also i...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Valerie R

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was a comfortable, reasonably priced place to stay on a beautiful beach. Not convenient to walking to stores, etc... No rooms facing ocean. Small family oriented place. It was quiet and peaceful, and had ample parking

Room Tip: 3rd floor and 2nd floor better ocean views, 1st floor more convenient, as no elevators
1  Thank ronniep44
Reviewed July 30, 2013

If your vacation is to be a quiet getaway, don't go here. The rooms were decent for an 'affordable motel' but when evening rolled around it turned into a party zone...on a Monday night. No information said that quiet hours didn't start until 11, so around 9 when the pool is no longer supposed to be in use (but it was), that's when I expected it to quiet down. Nope! That's when the music started. The manager was drinking with the rest of them so I didn't feel like I had anyone to call and complain. When I called the next day, I was told that I should have requested my room be moved to a quieter section (again, didn't want to confront drunk people), that people are on vacation having a good time, and that quiet hours start at 11 and everyone knows that. Apparently they failed to let me know about quiet hours, and with most people out on balconies and in the pool, there was no quiet section. We left that night and drove home. They obviously only cater to the party type of vacation.

1  Thank Amy M
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed there last week and what a wonderful caring pleasant manager they have we looked everywhere and she was helpful to me on the phone.If you need anything she will get it or try to find it for you.She gave a special gift to a couple that have been married for 31 years,just that little extra special thing that she went out of way to do for someone else.Never saw trash or Beer cans? lying around.Maybe you were smoking dope and couldn't see no trash lying around...Our room was cleaned everyday if that's what we want but why you are the only one sleeping in the beds.

Room Tip: on the 2nd or 3rd floor which will give you a wonderful view of the ocean..Yes I will stay there aga...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bonita C
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is an older motel but we love staying here. We love the fact that you can sit in front of your room from the 2nd or 3rd floors on the outside walkway and look down Kure Beach. We love that it's right on the beach and you do not have to carry your stuff a long way. The hotel next to Oceaneer has a life guard so we like swimming near to them for the extra pair of eyes without the extra price. Yes, this is an older place without some luxuries, but they have wifi and the staff is very friendly. There is a pool and the small facility size makes for a friendlier stay. We have stayed at larger more expensive places and had to fight to get a lounge pool chair and wait in lines. It fits our budget for an oceanfront place. We have been staying here for years and never had any problems. Room service has always cleaned our rooms when we stayed 2 nights or more unlike what another poster suggested.

1  Thank A R
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is a nice beach motel. We checked in June 27 and it rained and the wind blew alot Thursday & Friday. The office people were very nice and helped us find things to do. We were right on the beach with a good view and a very clean room. The tv could have been larger but we did not come to the beach to watch tv. The wind was blowing hard until Saturday which put some trash in the pool but, they cleaned it that morniing and it was nice after that. This is a nice place I will go there again soon. Very family friendly atmosphere!

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floor rooms have the best view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dick T
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This place is a terrible place to stay. I just decided to have a weekend get away and headed to carolina beach. At 1st glance the place wasnt that bad.....but, once you leave the office after checking in I really was discusted. The grounds are dirty and discusting. Beer cans, trash all over the place was never picked up for the entire time I was there. The carpet on the way to the rooms was so nasty I refused to walk on it barefoot. Room was a joke, 70's tv, 60's phone, lamp didnt work, shade fell off several times. Room carpet looked ok but that was the only good thing. Pool dirty, chairs at pool not able to sit it for bird dropping and palm tree residue all over therm. This place should be demolished. Oh yes, house keeping came by my room and asked if I needed anything on my second day. Need anything? are you kidding - this place dosent even clean the room if you stay for more than 1 night. Discusting and the room was 150.00 per night

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple