“Love this place!”
Review of Oceaneer Motel

Oceaneer Motel
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have stayed at Oceaneer 3 times this summer. I live in Durham so when I need a getaway, this is where I go. The motel is family owned and operated. They are the nicest people! They have gone out of their way several times to make sure my stay was enjoyable. The motel itself is nothing fancy... Slightly outdated but the rooms are VERY clean! You will not find oceanfront accommodations this affordable! And they have a pool :) if you are looking for upscale accommodations, this is not for you... But if you are looking for clean, safe, affordable, ocean front place with friendly staff, this is it!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Jilllacks

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Great place. Great location. Sure you can stay in a snazzy $400 a night place with all the bells and whistles BUT you stay here you ,will be sold. I have been to a lot of places and stayed at many hotels. I love this place. Great service from all that worked there. I will return!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The Oceaneer Motel had that cozy beach house feel. We stayed in the two bedroom suite. On the inside it felt like we were in a small beach house. We enjoyed the beach front convience with room enough for the whole family. I liked being able to get a nice place to spend the day at the ocean with out being shoulder to shoulder like at some of the other more over rated beaches. We are deffinately going back and will stay at the Oceaneer Motel as they were family like by the time we left and they were always more than willing to help us with what ever we needed. The house keepers were always friendly and were willing to meet our needs. Thanks Again Family at the Oceaneer motel

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Love the Oceaneer....great value, wonderful location and awesome staff. We have stayed there several times over the last few years and we have never had any issue with the room, the staff, or the other guests. In fact, we have made some close friends after meeting them poolside. Not a five star hotel but if you want a clean room, a great swimming pool, be near the ocean then this is the place for you. Throw back to the early days of beach vacations....You'll know you are at the beach, unlike in some larger motels where you could be in any city, anywhere.

Room Tip: There isn't an elevator so if you don't want to climb up and down steps ask for the 1st floo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We took our first ever family vacation to Carolina Beach and stayed at the Oceaneer. We could not have asked for more. To be a hop, skip and a jump away from the ocean was amazing. The staff is so friendly and gives you all of the attention you need. This motel is not dirty and the beds are not bad. We very much enjoyed our time at the Oceaneer!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Becky M
Reviewed July 23, 2012

If it weren't for the staff I would have given this a 1. This Motel is pretty dirty. The room smelt like smoke even though I asked for a non-smoking room. The carpets felt dirty I was afraid to take my sandals off. Our beds were neatly made but by the look of the room I was afraid to sleep on it. My girlfriends and I stayed here for a girls weekend trip. I will tell you - we are not fancy ladies by any means but this Motel is clearly one we will never stay at again. The pool looked cloudy & dirty even after they've cleaned it. It was just an overall sketchy place.

I would not recommend this place to any of my friends.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stumbled onto one of the best little mom and pop motels ever. The owners have owned this property since 1969 and is a 3rd generation business. Not many left. The Oceaneer had all the charm for a family motel. My family and I had a great time. From the moment we checked in-to the time we left (and we didn't want to leave), we fell in love with this little place. The front desk staff, the housekeeping ladies and the owners are so kind. Thats exactly what I expect from a mom and pop property. I will definitely be back soon.

Room Tip: Definitely the 2nd or 3rd floor closest to the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family