“Wonderful place to spend your family vacation!!”
Review of Golden Sands

Golden Sands
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Reviewed July 20, 2010

My and my four children stayed here recently and it was a great place to vacation! The veiw was totally awesome and it was great to hear the live music on the weekend. The beds were a little too firm but overall great stay! I'd say the Tiki Bar was a nice addition to the scenery along with the Ocean grill. We will definately return next year!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank pilkentont
There are newer reviews for Golden Sands

Reviewed July 16, 2010

We arrived early on Monday before check-in and the staff was so friendly and welcoming. They had our room ready with in an hour of us arriving and let us check in early so we could get settled. The beach access is great with a restaurant right on the beach and a tiki bar on the pier. The rooms had everything you need in them and they were very clean. The views were gorgeous, you could lay in bed and see the ocean as soon as you woke up. This is a hotel that I will FOR SURE be returning to. I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linz14
Reviewed July 7, 2010

We had a wonderful trip. The view off the balcony was beautiful! Room was clean and large. Staff was very accomodating and courteous! Beach was wonderful. Restaurant was convenient, service was good and food was great!
Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leighl293
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I stayed at Golden Sands with my 18 year old daughter and her best friend for their high school graduation. We got a split room because I wanted them to have their freedom. It was wonderful. It doesn't show it in the ads but there are 2 tv's. The housekeeping was great. We had plenty of clean towels, toilet paper, etc., way more than I expected. We usually stay at the Cabana, and last time I was there we had to go to the office to request towels and toilet paper. The room was very clean, in fact it looked brand new. I'm picky so when we first got there I took out my trusty Clorox wipes and starting cleaning, but it was already clean. There are plenty of stores, restaurants, etc nearby to either walk to or take a short drive. The beach is beautiful. I read some reviews about the beds being hard, but I didn't think so. The only complaint I could possibly come up with is our room was directly in front of the elevator, so in the early morning I woke up to some noise, mostly excited kids ready to hit the beach. I've been going to Carolina Beach for many years and this was my first stay at Golden Sands. I loved it and want to go back. The on site gift shop is also great! And the snack machines, ice machines, it was just great. Lap top did pretty good on wireless connection in room too. They are strict about parking but when you're paying to stay there you appreciate that!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank BadaAsheboro
Reviewed June 18, 2010

We have stayed at the Golden Sands 3 times since April 2010 in both buildings . Our rooms have always been clean and bug free! Yes, some of the towels etc have seen better days, but they have always been clean. The location is great! Beautiful ocean views from the upper level rooms. The tiki bar and restaurant are very convenient and the food is decent! We will definitely stay here again. WORD OF CAUTION!! They strictly enforce their parking rules.. You must display your parking sticker at ALL TIMES.. They have a team of 2-5 parking enforcement people on staff at all times and they constantly patrol the parking lot. Each time we have stayed here we have seen multiple cars with boots on the tires and even witnessed a golf cart being booted and later towed away..my understanding is that the fine is nearly $500 bucks.. pretty steep..so be aware and mindful of this.. Front desk staff has always been friendly and accommodating..

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank msshak76
Reviewed June 11, 2010

Rooms and grounds were clean. Needed to replace the towels as they were discoloured. But overall decent.

1  Thank bekadawn1
Reviewed May 9, 2010

Considering all the hotels in the Carolina Beach area it's one of the better ones. It's an ok place to stay. The property was very clean both inside and outside with a very pleasant front desk staff. There's a onsite restuarant and bar with decent prices. If you're just wanting to get away to a very quiet beach this is definately the one.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
#14 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Blockade Runner Beach Resort
Blockade Runner Beach Resort
#1 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach

Been to Golden Sands? Share your experiences!