$144
$188
$170
Hampton.com
Drifters Reef Hotel(Carolina Beach)
$137
$212
$186
Surfside Lodge(Carolina Beach)
$135
  • Pool
Oceaneer Motel(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
$118
Carolina Beach Inn(Carolina Beach)
Agoda.com
All reviewsocean grillsplit roomindoor pooltiki bar and restaurantroom was cleanattached restaurantolder buildingnew buildingplace to staysmall balconybeachfront hotelkure beach pierocean viewget awayfridge and microwavecoffee makerfront desk staff
Reviewed August 16, 2015

The hotel was exceptionally clean, quiet & EVERY room is beachfront! Room included a king bed, a sleeper sofa and an easy chair. Flat screen TV. Small balcony with 2 chairs where we enjoyed listening to and watching the ocean! Indoor and outdoor pool as well as an oceanfront restaurant and a tiki bar on the pier. Looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jane R
Reviewed August 14, 2015

I chose this hotel on the basis of their ad and proximity to the family I was visiting. It was not new by any means, but very clean and well appointed, with microwave, refrig and sofa bed. I saw many families enjoying the pool and beach. My room, for instance was big enough for a family and allow them all to be comfortable. They have a restaurant and tiki bar, but neither was anything to write home about. I had a lackluster meal and cocktail. But overall, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2015

Our original summer vacation plans had to be canceled due to a family illness. My husband tried desperately to find another accommodation so we could at least have a short getaway. He booked a double queen oceanfront room at the Golden Sands and I am so glad he did. The view from our room was beautiful. We were on the fourth floor of the North building. I cannot say enough about how well kept and clean the entire facility is. The staff should be commended. We had a problem with the in-room safe and the office sent someone to fix it within minutes. I was impressed. There is a bar/restaurant on the premises that is quite popular. We ate there one of our last nights and I wished we had done so earlier. I had a hamburger which was excellent. For a last minute "stand in" for a place to stay I could not have been happier.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank seginbowie
birdCarolinaBeachNc, General Manager at Golden Sands, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2015

We are so glad you found us and gave us a try.Thanks also for taking the time to comment and yes we are very proud of our staff none of us are perfect but we have a crew that really tries and cares.

Reviewed August 5, 2015

The best thing about the hotel is the onsite restaurant and Tiki Bar and the rooms have some practical features. We got the split room with two queens which was very convenient since one of us is an early to bed person and the other two are late night people. The only negative about that is that the AC is not super powerful and really didn't cool as efficiently in the back sleeping area. Did not really like the balcony area. They have old sort of rusty folding outdoor curtains to close the balcony off maybe for bad weather..... The folding metal curtains close off some of the view and block the ocean breeze some.... And beware, these clanky outdoor curtains slide on a base that is sharp that intrudes 6 inches into the balcony..... When it was windy, they made loud clanking noises. That is the worst part of the room and the stay. We had looked forward to enjoying ocean views and breezes but the balcony set up did detract from that. The housekeeping is very good and efficient, but the management has lots of not friendly appearing signs everywhere re. checkout times and warnings and there is a sign in the bathroom that threatens the cost if any towels are missing.............. Otherwise, the rooms are practical with the table and chairs and the sofa to sit on and the fridge and microwave provided are also very useful. It is super nice to walk out on the beach and to have the tiki bar and restaurant option right there, especially when sitting on the beach and coming up for a drink or snack or lunch during the day. There is a pool which was clean, but even though on the beach, no view of the beach when sitting there......... didn't get the concept of the wall instead of a railing around it......... Cute little shop in the lobby with very good prices. Would come back here if the price is right........

Room Tip: In the south building, you mostly want top floor or on the far end of the building....
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 4, 2015 via mobile

I highly recommend Golden Sands!! My husband and I decided at the last minute that we needed to get away while the kids are away. Every dollar that we spent was well worth it. God willing I will definitely visit again, with the kids. I don't have any complaints!! Staff was friendly, great location, awesome ocean view from 416, easy access to the beach. Thank you Golden Sands for a 5 star getaway. By the way, they gave us a military discount.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple