“Great value and Beach Access”
Review of Golden Sands

Golden Sands
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
High Point, North Carolina
“Great value and Beach Access”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We enjoyed our stay and had a fabulous view of the ocean from our room, right on the beach and next to the dock. The tiki bar, behind the hotel, off the dock is a fun place to eat, sitting outside under their colorful umbrellas. Our room had a fresh decor and was clean. We had a kitchenette which was really handy and came with a full size refrigerator. Central to everything on Carolina Beach, we had an easy walk to the boardwalk and local restaurants.
Our cards to get in the building and room had to be replaced twice but the staff were attentive and efficient so that it was not a real issue.
Our one complaint was that the WiFi was impossible. If we got a connection at all, it would only last for a few moments at best. We are business owners and the WiFi was very important to us.

Room Tip: Get an efficiency for a small additional charge and save big by being able to eat in.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank NanTheVelvetBranch1
goldensandsmotel, General Manager at Golden Sands, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
We thank you very much for your stay and we are very sorry you had problems with the wifi.
We are putting in some new radios and hope you will come back to see us and it will be better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We liked our stay there. Only complaint is the WiFi would not stay connected if it connected at all. Other than that we had a great stay. Nice staff and great location. We also thought the tiki bar and the food connected to the hotel was great. Awesome food and great service

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Baker
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Just came home from another great stay at Golden Sands. This was my fourth or fifth stay there since 2002. The rooms have been updated which is very nice. Our room was very clean and comfortable. This was my first stay in the north building and I was impressed with the quietness if it. We knew there were others on our floor because of the presence of cleaning staff but we didn't hear anyone else at any time. Walls must be very thick. Perks: all rooms oceanfront, restaurant with outdoor seating and a tiki bar on site, nice beach with high lifeguard presence, walking distance to Pop's ice cream shop which is a great evening treat, Thursday night music and view of fireworks from the beach so you can avoid the traffic, very friendly and helpful staff, two pools, frig and microwave in every room, large rooms. I've stayed here several times and will continue to do so. Give it a try. I think you'll be pleased.

Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Otictac
goldensandsmotel, General Manager at Golden Sands, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you so much for your stay with us over the years and we hope you continue to come back .Also thanks so much for your kind words and taking notice in our hard work.
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband ,son and I recently spent the week-end at Carolina Beach. We weren't sure of any of the hotels when we were booking the hotel so we read a lot of reviews and decided on Golden Sands. It has a great location on the beach and is in walking distance to places to eat and the pavilion area with the shops, amusement rides and food spots. The hotel had a great pier area that you could seat and eat and a bar further out on the pier and even some live music on given nights. The pool was nice and good size with chairs that had nice comfortable cushions. The room was a good size with a microwave, small refrigerator and coffee maker. It also had a small balcony with a great view of the ocean and the pier. You could seat and just people watch. The room was clean and staff friendly. It was a good choice for the money.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are ocean view and there was only four stories, I think so doesn't really...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank jgiljamm2016
goldensandsmotel, General Manager at Golden Sands, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you so much for your stay and kind words.We hope to see you again soon.
Easley, South Carolina
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stopped at Golden Sands on a whim and I'm glad we did. CLEAN, FRIENDLY, Honest, Family Oriented, Wonderful Place to stay! We left after 2 nights, but plan on making this a yearly visit. After we left, I received a call letting me know that I'd left a VISA card behind. We were 100+ miles away, and they gladly sent me my card, certified mail. Honesty means a lot now days, so I'm a repeat coustomer. Also, ask the staff for good places to eat. They were spot on for us! Did I say AWESOME PLACE?!!!! All I can say is just give them a try. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The 4th floor had a beautiful view of the ocean and sunset.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
goldensandsmotel, General Manager at Golden Sands, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and also for the kind words we try really hard to make our customers happy and comfortable.Our customers are very important.
Rutherford, New Jersey
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stayed for MDW in 2013, loved it so much I came back for 2014! Once again had a perfect stay. After making the reservation, we had to change the dates slightly, which they did with no problem. After checking the website, I saw our new dates were listed at a lower rate, so I called back and they happily adjusted the rates so the stay was cheaper. Once again, everything was perfectly clean (the rooms, pool and all common areas). The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The tiki bar was great, also with a wonderful staff. I'm already planning for my next trip down, if not later on this summer, definitely for MDW 2015. It's the new spot!

Room Tip: As far as I know, there's not a bad room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank TheKriz
Winterville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I recently stayed at the Golden Sands in Carolina Beach on vacation with my wife celebrating our 20th year anniversary. It was nice on the beach, all rooms have a ocean front view with a nice Tikki Bar on what's left of a pier next door. While there, we attended a cookout at Carolia Beach Lake on Friday night and participated in a shrine parade on Saturday. Went to the Kure Beach Pier on Saturday evening, then went to Harrahans restaurant for a delicious steak dinner with all the trimmings. Did a lot of shopping and sightseeing. Oh yeah, the room was nice but the parking not so nice, very tight spaces.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
#12 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Blockade Runner Beach Resort
Blockade Runner Beach Resort
#1 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach

Been to Golden Sands? Share your experiences!