“More like "sea" your money go bye bye”

Michael's Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Wilmington, North Carolina
“More like "sea" your money go bye bye”
Reviewed June 16, 2010

Just walk away...and go to your nearest McDonald's! 250 miles/5.5 hours travel and a waste of $200 for meals (for 8) that no one could eat. Tough shrimp, cold scallops, dry rice, uncooked vegetables, and smaller than expected portion of crab legs. It appears that they can't seat large groups either. This was to be a special dinner, and the only thing special about it was when we left. Michael's must own the Please Island Vacation Guide, because the restaurant does not live up to its publicity. Ripoff!! Like I said, try McDonald's filet-o-fish.

Blue Ridge Mountains
“Great place for fresh seafood.”
Reviewed April 19, 2010

My husband and I ate dinner at Michaels and were seated outdoors on the lovely patio. We ordered the seafood platter for two for $38.00 and could not have been more pleased! Everything was steamed perfectly and the huge platter included crablegs, mussels, oysters, clams, and shrimp. Also included was cole slaw and garlic mashed potatoes. There was more food than the two of us could eat and the service was great as well. We'll definitely go back to Michael's when we return to Carolina Beach!

WILMINGTON ,NC
“If you like "rubber" shrimp.....”
Reviewed March 5, 2010

I am local and have never been to Michael's until tonight. I will never step foot into that place again. I ordered the shrimp and grits, what a mess(rubber shrimp & my grits were microwaved into a solid brick) My kids also had shrimp. You guessed it..."rubber". My wife ordered the Caribbean shrimp ( overcooked & burnt coconut). Very small portions of poorly cooked and bland food. Run ...don't walk away from this place. Bottom line....$70 mistake. What a ripoff !!!!

Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“Enjoyed this meal”
Reviewed March 2, 2010

I had the seafood chowder, very good. The seafood feast with tilapia steamed scallops and shrimp. This came with a vegetable medley. All items were prepared well the cocktail sauce and Chipolte barbecue sauce were very tasty. My partner had the Alfredo penne that with shrimp which was also very well prepared.

wilmington,nc
“a HUGE waste of $$$$$$$”
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I was extremely disappointed. I live just minutes away. Wanted to try due to the rave about the clam chowder. It was the only thing worth paying for. Well, I could go on but, quite frankly I want to put the experience, my taste buds and most of all wallet, out of its misery. Also, the seating was dirty and the floor (DISGUSTING). I hope people read reviews before they come out disappointed and their pockets are alot more empty. Oh, one more thing "they don't fry anything"! Hello, you're a Seafood Resturant!!!!