“If you like "rubber" shrimp.....”

Michael's Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed March 5, 2010

I am local and have never been to Michael's until tonight. I will never step foot into that place again. I ordered the shrimp and grits, what a mess(rubber shrimp & my grits were microwaved into a solid brick) My kids also had shrimp. You guessed it..."rubber". My wife ordered the Caribbean shrimp ( overcooked & burnt coconut). Very small portions of poorly cooked and bland food. Run ...don't walk away from this place. Bottom line....$70 mistake. What a ripoff !!!!

Reviewed March 2, 2010

I had the seafood chowder, very good. The seafood feast with tilapia steamed scallops and shrimp. This came with a vegetable medley. All items were prepared well the cocktail sauce and Chipolte barbecue sauce were very tasty. My partner had the Alfredo penne that with shrimp which was also very well prepared.

Reviewed August 17, 2009

I was extremely disappointed. I live just minutes away. Wanted to try due to the rave about the clam chowder. It was the only thing worth paying for. Well, I could go on but, quite frankly I want to put the experience, my taste buds and most of all wallet, out of its misery. Also, the seating was dirty and the floor (DISGUSTING). I hope people read reviews before they come out disappointed and their pockets are alot more empty. Oh, one more thing "they don't fry anything"! Hello, you're a Seafood Resturant!!!!

Reviewed August 11, 2009

My family and I ate at Michael's on 8/5/09. We made reservations for 5:30pm, and when we arrived at 5:25pm we were seated right away. They really do live up to their name as the "2009 Best Chowder Champion" which was judged in Mass. Pretty impressive. The two children ordered the chicken tender meal and they said it was the best "kids meal" they had ever had. The local yellow-fin tuna was sushi grade and OUT OF THIS WORLD. The scallops melted in your mouth, and the shrimp was amazing. Two of us split the Crab platter which was outstanding. We all agreed that this was one of the best beach dining experiences we ever had. Go to Michael's!

Reviewed August 10, 2009

Our group of 6 (one was a 5 year old) ate at Michael's on Friday 8/7/09. We were told at 7:45 there was a 45 min wait which was not too bad. Actual wait was 1 hour. We placed our order at 8:50. At 9:30 our food was brought out. 2 of the orders were cold and 1 order was wrong. The child shrimp 'platter' was 8 boiled shrimp and some potato chips which cost $5.95. The waitress tried to convince my son to try the order (Penne Rachelle) that was wrong because it had "sundried tomatoes" and was better than the Alfredo he ordered. We asked to speak to the manager and she asked what we wanted to be done. I told her to do what she thought was right and we'd let her know if it was acceptable. She gave us a 20% discount, which barely took care of the tip (mandatory 18% for parties of 6 or more). Also, we were told the 'market' price for crab legs at the hostess station by a waiter and the price quoted by our waitress was different. We will never go back there again!!!!
The only enjoyable thing about the whole night was showing my granddaughter the fish tanks to try and take her mind off the wait and the fact that she was tired, cranky and hungry.