“We will get the same meal again.”

Michael's Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
North Carolina
“We will get the same meal again.”
Reviewed July 10, 2009

The bar drinks cost to much, but our food was great. We had the clam chowder, little crab cakes and the fish of the day. The steam pots look great at the other tables. The service was ok, the young lady was not with it. The manger came around and filled our water glasses. I would go back but not buy the bar drinks.....

Vancouver, WA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“unimpressed”
Reviewed June 29, 2009

This is like the food you would expect at a Denny's or Shoney's. We tried the clam chowder because they said they just won first place at the world clam chowder competition and they officially had the best clam chowder in the world. It was below average. The clam chowder had noodles and fake crab legs as a filler and there wasn't much flavor. The shrimp and grits were edible, but on the verge of terrible. It is basically shrimp smothered in alfredo sauce one a square of grits. It could definitely use some seasoning. Blackened scallops were fine, but the scallop scampi was scary. The worst were the buffalo oysters. I did think the peel and eat shrimp was good, but it is hard to mess that up.

1 Thank MissPotatoHed
NC
“Overrated...Not sure how they received any awards”
Reviewed June 21, 2009

My husband and I went to Michael's after seeing an ad in a magazine, listing all the awards this restaurant won. We were very disappointed. We did have the chowder, which was good, but not worth a trip back. I had the crabcake sandwich, while my husband had the fresh fish sandwich, both lacked flavor and were rather expensive for lunch. I would not reccommend this place to anyone.

southern carolina
“2 fish sandwiches, 2 different prices!”
Reviewed May 28, 2009

We had lunch at Michael's and ordered 2 fish sandwiches, one with tilapiia and one with grouper. They both were awful. I couldn't find the grouper it was so small a piece. The bill comes and they charged me more for the grouper sandwich than the price on the menu for the "fresh fish sandwich". We asked why the grouper was more than the price on the menu and the waitress said "Oh did I forget to tell you the grouper was more?" Well yeah she did!!! She named the fish you could have in a sandwich and never said a word about the fish all being priced differently.
The sandwich was $2.00 more than the price on the menu. Highway robbery to me!!!

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, good prices”
Reviewed May 25, 2009

We ate here during our recent stay in CB and were very satisfied. The restaurant is nice, nothing fancy and they have a decent selection of items. My husband ordered the mahi mahi, I ordered the shrimp boat and both meals were very good and the portions just right. (Be sure to ask for the cornbread with your meal..it's free but you have to ask for it, and it's really good!) The prices weren't bad at all and you have a choice of 3 seating areas: inside, screened in patio, and outside. (We opted for the screen-in patio which the kids enjoyed.) The staff were very friendly and attentive, and our waitress was great. Overall, good experience.