“Absolutely fabulous meal!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Meridian, Idaho
“Absolutely fabulous meal!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We were considering other choices when a fellow hotel guest suggested Michael's. She did not lie! We were served exceptional seafood by a staff that was welcoming, capable and attentive. The waiter even went the extra mile by taking a dietary restriction and making changes to the entire entree to accommodate the special needs. If that wasn't enough, the bakery next door brings through "samples" of their delicious confections several times a night. I very highly recommend this wonderful restaurant that doesn't look like much on the outside, but holds gold on the inside!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Christina H

Lorain, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best seafood I ever ate.”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Michaels Seafood restaurants Admirals Feast for 2 at $39.00 was fabulous. It included crab legs, oysters, clams, mussels and shrimp along with their smashed potatoes and cole slaw. I also had their special drink of the day Original Sin hard cider.

1 Thank 1943peggy
“Not bad”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

A short vacation at Carolina Beach brought my wife and I to Michael's. The service was OK but nothing to get excited about. The food was my second choice of the restaurants we visited. I had The Captains Choice which was good though again nothing to shout about. Michael's was my second choice of places to eat.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Surprisingly Good”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife and I and another couple rode the ferry over from Southport, NC on a recent beautiful afternoon to show the other couple a part of the North Carolina beaches they had never seen. It was getting late in the afternoon and we started thinking of dinner and with my usual group, the most difficult thing to do is getting everyone to decide on WHERE to eat. We passed several places and decided on Michael's Seafood Restaurant. We were promptly seated as we were there just before the crowds started arriving. I love seafood chowder and noticed they advertised theirs as International Award winning. I and one other order a cup each and I must say if was outstanding! Plenty of crab, clams and scallops in a delicious cream base! I could have eaten a couple bowls. Instead, my wife and I, as did the other couple, ordered a steampot on the menu as "Admirals Delight for Two" for $39. We could have saved $39 by ordering one pot for all four of us! It was absolutely delicious and we left so stuffed that we couldn't even look at the dessert menu!
If you happen to be in Carolina Beach, don't pass this place up. Everything was fresh and delicious! We will be back!

2 Thank DGriffin2014
Roanoke, Virginia
“Excellent shrimp and grits.”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I thought this was one of the best meals I had while at Carolina Beach and I highly recommend the shrimp and grits. Very generous portion of shrimp and the grits were good also. Everyone else in our group really enjoyed their meal as well and were pleased with the whole experience. Our waitress was excellent and made great suggestions. I hear the chowder there is awesome, but I didn't end up trying it. We sat outside on the patio area and enjoyed that. They also have a good sized bar inside in case you have to wait before being seated. Definitely give this one a try.