“Good mostly good; service not so much”

Michael's Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Those of us who ordered the shrimp and snow crab loved our dinners. Family members who got grouper or chicken were highly dissatisfied.

We chose the restaurant because the hostess who took our reservation said she could accommodate 11 people. She was wrong. We were separated but bte other hostess or manager told us we should be happy that she put us near each other. Not exactly good customer relations... We moved outside and were in very hot sun and barraged by flies. The server was very slow with drink refills. Great food but service could've been a lot better. Those who had bad meals were not given opportunity to switch out or asked about their satisfaction with their food.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

The staff was so rude to my family and I, that we didn't get pass ordering drinks before we walked out. I wasn't even allow to bring nor eat my own birthday cake in restaurant which they told me I could when I made reservations two weeks in advance. Plus, didn't even put my party in the same table which made no sense??? Then they had an attitude when I ask them why was my party in separate table. They ruined my birthday. If you want to have good service, then this place isn't the place for that. Its only rude, unprofessional and nasty attitudes there. Dont waste your time nor money.

3  Thank Chloe J
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We waited 2 hours for dinner, and our food ranged from mediocre to bad. The grits with fish & grits was just heavy cream nearly no grits.

2  Thank Puppiesarefun
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Great seafood, both standard dishes and some creative. Wonderful desserts. Great feeling in the restaurant. We were with a group after attending a wedding and took pictures outside with the staff. Outside dining also.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The kids enjoyed the crab legs but not as much as the adults! We had a great time. It always seems to rain when we go to Michael's, but there is great outdoor covered seating! Wait staff is great!!