“OMG!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Michael's Seafood Restaurant

Michael's Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clemmons, North Carolina
“OMG!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We ate at Michaels the last time we went to Carolina Beach and it was pretty good. It was only lunch the last time and I just had the Steamed Peel n Eat Shrimp. THIS time, last week, we went for dinner and it was truly one of the worst meals I've ever tired to eat. Either they just don't care or there's a new chef (cook) or it has changed ownership because we couldn't even eat it.
We both ordered the Lobster Bisque for an appetizer and it didn't look right from the time she sat it down on the table. When I tasted it I couldn't believe they were calling it Lobster Bisque. It was like dirty dishwater with little chunk in it. I immediately pushed it aside and looked up a my husband who was doing the same thing. THAT was just the appetizer. When the entrée came, it looked innocent enough...until we tasted it. I had the steamed and peeled shrimp which was actually ok but I don't recall ordering the mashed potatoes (with shrimp????) or the corn on the cob (a cobette actually). The corn was not hot and far from tasty, I took one bite and pushed it aside, butter wouldn't even melt on it! I ate the shrimp and that concluded my dinner. My husband ordered the Black Sea Bass. He took one bite and knew immediately that it had been frozen for quite some time. I tasted it and agreed. I don't recall what side dishes he had but our plates were almost still full when we were finished. We did tell the waitress that the soup was edible and she just took it away but didn't hesitate to charge us $4.50 per bowl. Needless to say we will NEVER darken their doorway again!!! I'm very surprised at the "glowing" reviews other people have given this restaurant because we know what good seafood is and this place doesn't have it!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KittyO897

Virginia Beach
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

A large group of us were visiting the area and wanted a place that had seafood but also a great mix of other food options and we decided on Michaels. We totally hit the jackpot with this place! The seafood was the absolute freshest I've ever had. The atmosphere and the service was grade A in every way. I live about 4.5 hours away, and I would absolutely consider making a weekend trip back to Carolina Beach just to eat at Michaels! You have to eat here if you want some of the best seafood and food in town!

virginia
“JUST OUTSTANDING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

What an amazing time we had at this restaurant. We did have a large group, about 8 of us. So we wanted a restaurant that served seafood as well as Steak/pasta entrees. Michael's had a full menu. AS we were waiting for our meals, the manager and cute kids came around the restaurant with various appetizers to taste...for FREE!!! By the time the meal came, I was stuffed!
Personally had the 1/2 crab legs and 1 lb of shrimp. Of course, crabs and shrimp does not travel well, so I was able to finish the delicious meal! The waiter was very accommodating with giving us individual receipts, sometimes in large groups that can be such a hassle. On my next trip I want to try the Clam chowder, I heard it was award winning.

Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
“A seafood lover's dream!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

We had dinner at Michael's 4 nights in row. The Snow Crab and peel and eat shrimp combo meal was excellent. The mixed seafood boil was tender, tasty and fresh. The seafood chowder was very tasty and loaded with goodies. I am from Cape Cod and love seafood. Michael's is right up there with best of the best seafood restaurants I have ever been to. We loved the cornbread instead of the usual rolls and butter. It is a bit pricey, but, ohhhh so good. Of the 4 nights we ate there we had excellent service 3 of the nights. Go early it gets very busy after 6 pm.

• Visited September 2013
Pennsylvania
“Great flounder sandwich.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

While on vacation we stopped here for lunch. They've got a great deal of variety in their menu. I opted for the flounder sandwich (with Cajun seasoning). Another for the steamed shrimp and chowder. The flounder sandwich was excellent. Nicely seasoned and wonderfully fresh flounder.

• Visited November 2013