“Do not miss the Seafood Chowder.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Michael's Seafood Restaurant

Michael's Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbia, South Carolina
“Do not miss the Seafood Chowder.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is a place to get probably the best seafood chowder I have ever eaten. Nice spice and chocked full of seafood. Our entrees were very nice but the chowder is the star of the show.

• Visited March 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good Food and Friendly Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

We visited this restaurant on recommendation from a friend. We were there off season, so there was no wait. Service was fast and friendly.

We had been told that the chowder was wonderful, but we didn't order since we were afraid it would be too much to have on top of dinner.

I ordered the mussels appetizer along with the spinach salad as my meal. Both were delicious. The mussels are served arranged on a plate, with garlic bread. The spinach salad was huge and very good. It had spinach, mushrooms, pine nuts and sun-dried tomatoes. My husband had the flounder dinner. The fish was good, but he said that it could have been hotter.

We didn't get dessert, but saw the dessert case in the front of the restaurant and they looked wonderful!

• Visited February 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Go there!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Chowder was exceptional as was the 1/2 price apps on Thursday night. My yellowfin tuna was cooked exactly like I wanted and tasted great.

• Visited February 2013
Wilmington, NC, United States
“Will not be going back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

This was the worst seafood my family and I ever had. It is a joke that a seafood restaurant near the ocean cannot cook seafood. The Mahi Mahi fish was so overcooked, I thought I was eating fish jerky. My wife's lobster tail was unevenly cooked that she thought she ordered some sushi as well. The kids wouldn't eat the pizza and after I tasted it I knew why. The chicken tenders for the kids were not kid friendly. They were chicken cutlets cut up. We had to go to Pizza Hut to feed the kids. The shrimp and scallops had no flavor. I left with stomach cramps and heart burn. Never again.....

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 531Traveler
Granger, Indiana
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Had the chowder and it was excellent, the shrimp with old bay seasoning was good also. The family liked their meals too. The mac and cheese was okay, a little too over powering in the bacon, and wife said she didn't taste any frab, but had lots of shrimp. It was a bit pricey, not somewhere i would go to all the time. Overall a good place to go to.