“Nerver staying there again...Ever”
Review of Cabana 202

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Cabana 202
north carolina
“Nerver staying there again...Ever”
Reviewed August 23, 2008

My family stayed at the Cabana Suite in July 08 and it was the most horrific stay of our lives. Never b4 have we ever been treated so badly. The price was astronomical and the staff was rude, unfriendly and down right hateful. We were an hour away from arriving to chek in and the desk clerk calls us and advised the room had a plumbing problem, so we ask for another room. We were informed we would have to pay extra. OMG...is this somehow our fault??
Whie we were thre, the maintainence man yelled at our son then slammed the door so hard the pics feel off the wall. We left early and came home. We asked for some sort of compensation for the stay but were informed "NO REFUNDS". But the beef I have is that they hold a copy of your credit card so if they are not satisfied with the way you leave the room they can bill it to you but if you are not saitisfied, Oh well...sorry about your luck.
Stay in a tent but do not stay at the Cabana Suites unless you are wanting to be treated like trash....
You can stay at Myrtle Beach for half the price and twice the fun...I am sure thre are other places to stay at Carolina beach...find one...

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — It wa all bad
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank lisabrian

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
winston salem, nc
Reviewed August 2, 2008

We stayed in 206 streetside, more than half of the blinds were broke amd missing. So the hot afternoon sun would blare in making the whole room hot even with the air cut down to 65. The floor was carpeted and it would make your feet black if you walked across the floor just from the bathroom to the bedroom or living room. There was cracks and holes in the walls, exposed wires in the bathroom and in the kitchen pantry. Mold in the bathroom and the tv remote would not program to the tv so the remote would not work. I went to report the things and one of the ladies in the office asked me if I could not get up and change the tv like they used to in the old days? I feel that if you pay to stay somewhere things need to work or the personel should want to fix the problem. Not in this case, she was rude and very unprofessional. We will not ever stay here again, this place made our trip okay, but it could have been great if we had stayed some where eles. I would not recommed staying here.

• Liked — at the boardwalk
  • Disliked — units not being taking care of.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank creigh69

Travelers are raving about these Carolina Beach hotels

PENNSYLVANIA
Reviewed June 29, 2008

The condo #128 was nice, kitchen small but had a king size bed. The on site staff accused us of having dogs in condo to the owner. Said there were 2 boys that had them on the lawn. Had no dogs or children with us just me and hubby, had the maintance men there Monday to fix sliding glass door, surely if there were dogs they would have seen them. Monday the temp. was 91 degrees, there was about 2 families with children at the pool, the pool hours are posted 9:30 a.m. til dusk. A women from the condos came out and rudely told people they had 20 minutes to use the pool it was 4:40 in the afternoon, stated she was closing the pool at 5:00 because it was a week day. The condos were empty during the week only about 5 cars in the parking garage, can see why, the staff leaves a lot to be desired--stayed at alot of different condos in the last 10 years and they do try to cater to their guest so that they return. Also on the Friday before leaving there was a women who was not staying at the condo sleeping at the pool all afternoon with a blanket wrapped around her-- was not staying at the condo and had no pool pass, looked like a transit person---where was the security then???? Would not recomend this place.

• Liked — King size bed
  • Disliked — On site staff
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank DREAMON001
Siler City, North Carolina
Reviewed May 20, 2008

My daughter and I stayed at the Cabana on Mother's Day weekend, had our car towed by mistake and had almost $1000.00 damage done to it in the towing process. The towing guy complained that the lei hanging on the rear view mirror hampered him from seeing the parking pass. He called us on the phone in the room to tell us he had towed the car to his lot and saw the parking pass once he got it to the lot. He would not bring the car back. Told us to get a taxi. The management there and the towing company won't reimburse me for the damage. Will have to go to court to get anything out of either of them. By the way, the car was a 2004 convertible Mustang 40th anniversary edition with thirty day tags on it. Yep my daughter only had it a week when the tow guy decided that he would get a big payday that weekend. Just beware because management there allows him to come in and tow anything he wants. Ask for a huge parking pass unless you want to pay a hefty towing fee. He didn't charge us anything for towing since he made the mistake, he just doesn't want to cover the damage he did to the car and neither does the management. The management didn't even offer me any off of my room rate for messing up my weekend. They probably get a kickback on what the towing guy charges.........BEWARE!

• Liked — Ocean front
  • Disliked — Management and check in clerks
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
5 Thank reneeeverwine
RTP
Reviewed March 13, 2008

This is the best yet ocean front condo we have experienced. Beautiful ocean view, private pool, covered parking, on site security and management. We stayed in unit #128. I has been recently redecorated and has everything you need for a great week at the beach!!!

3 Thank DGD03
North Carolina
Reviewed July 25, 2007

We have just returned from staying at the cabana suites The price was way to high $238.00 plus tax per night we had signed up for 3 nights wished we could have got a refund before the first night was over. we stayed in a one bedroom unit They don't tell you that you are allowed only 3 towels for 3 people for the whole 3 days we were there the older lady at the front dest was rude when we asked for some clean towels. She said no one reads there by laws I never saw by laws you have to wash your own towels and also take out your own trash no service what so ever We would have came out better staying at a motel down the street next time we will. I just wanted people to know if you want to do your own work while on vacation This would be the place. I personally like having fresh towels and someone else take my trash out while on vacation and at the price we paid You would expect better service.

• Liked — I can't think of anything
  • Disliked — Price No service after check in
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank StopSign_7
North Carolina
Reviewed June 17, 2007

I really enjoyed staying a the Cabana. My husband and I stayed for a two day weekend but I could have stayed longer. As well as the kids. The kids thought we had moved into a new home on the beach. Everything was clean and put together so well. I couldnt have picked a better place to spend my weekend. The front desk lady was sooo.. helpful with everything. I would recommend the cabana to anyone who's looking for a great place to spend their weekend. I am definitey looking forward to going back soon ASAP!!!

Stayed June 2006