“Beware of Predatory Towing At Cabana Suites”
Review of Cabana 202

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Cabana 202
Siler City, North Carolina
“Beware of Predatory Towing At Cabana Suites”
Reviewed May 20, 2008

My daughter and I stayed at the Cabana on Mother's Day weekend, had our car towed by mistake and had almost $1000.00 damage done to it in the towing process. The towing guy complained that the lei hanging on the rear view mirror hampered him from seeing the parking pass. He called us on the phone in the room to tell us he had towed the car to his lot and saw the parking pass once he got it to the lot. He would not bring the car back. Told us to get a taxi. The management there and the towing company won't reimburse me for the damage. Will have to go to court to get anything out of either of them. By the way, the car was a 2004 convertible Mustang 40th anniversary edition with thirty day tags on it. Yep my daughter only had it a week when the tow guy decided that he would get a big payday that weekend. Just beware because management there allows him to come in and tow anything he wants. Ask for a huge parking pass unless you want to pay a hefty towing fee. He didn't charge us anything for towing since he made the mistake, he just doesn't want to cover the damage he did to the car and neither does the management. The management didn't even offer me any off of my room rate for messing up my weekend. They probably get a kickback on what the towing guy charges.........BEWARE!

• Liked — Ocean front
  • Disliked — Management and check in clerks
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank reneeeverwine

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
RTP
Reviewed March 13, 2008

This is the best yet ocean front condo we have experienced. Beautiful ocean view, private pool, covered parking, on site security and management. We stayed in unit #128. I has been recently redecorated and has everything you need for a great week at the beach!!!

3 Thank DGD03
North Carolina
Reviewed July 25, 2007

We have just returned from staying at the cabana suites The price was way to high $238.00 plus tax per night we had signed up for 3 nights wished we could have got a refund before the first night was over. we stayed in a one bedroom unit They don't tell you that you are allowed only 3 towels for 3 people for the whole 3 days we were there the older lady at the front dest was rude when we asked for some clean towels. She said no one reads there by laws I never saw by laws you have to wash your own towels and also take out your own trash no service what so ever We would have came out better staying at a motel down the street next time we will. I just wanted people to know if you want to do your own work while on vacation This would be the place. I personally like having fresh towels and someone else take my trash out while on vacation and at the price we paid You would expect better service.

• Liked — I can't think of anything
  • Disliked — Price No service after check in
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank StopSign_7
North Carolina
Reviewed June 17, 2007

I really enjoyed staying a the Cabana. My husband and I stayed for a two day weekend but I could have stayed longer. As well as the kids. The kids thought we had moved into a new home on the beach. Everything was clean and put together so well. I couldnt have picked a better place to spend my weekend. The front desk lady was sooo.. helpful with everything. I would recommend the cabana to anyone who's looking for a great place to spend their weekend. I am definitey looking forward to going back soon ASAP!!!

Stayed June 2006
1 Thank lsb0128
Reviewed June 16, 2005

Me and my wife had our first visit to Carolina Beach for our anniversary and we decided to stay at the cabana demar because of the ocean front view and private balconies.
Our room upon arriving was on the third floor and we was not impressed. the couch in the living room was broke and the general look of the room was nothing spectacular but we figured we would let it slide since we would be spending most of our time on the beach. I made a comment to the desk clerk about our couch being broke and they apologized and immediately moved us to a room on the second floor. This room must have been remodeled not too long ago since it was very beautiful. Even though we were moved down a floor, the view of the beach from the balcony was still spectacular. Another treat was to leave the sliding door to the baclony cracked at night and listen to the ocean.
One of the things we loved so much was how close the cabana was to the beach. If you came down from your room by using the steps, you would literally step off the steps onto the beach.
Litertally everything you need is a walk away. A mcdonalds is right across from the cabana, you are also close enough to a dominoes pizza for delivery. A bank is also right across the street along with some stores for souvenir shopping.

• Stayed July 2003
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 6, 2005

Our stay at Cabana De Mar was fantastic. We had the best suite in the whole place, a beautiful Caribbean room decorated adorable #413. It also had an incredible view of the ocean. The decorator that owns the unit also decorated the lobby in a Mediterranean theme. What talent! This suite had far more character than going down the street to a hotel. It also has direct access to the beach. We had such a lovely and wonderful time and I would definitely recommend suite number 413 to anyone going to the Cabana. Boardwalk is nearby and a short walk also! Happy Vacationing! P.S. It's a two bedroom, two bath villa with kitchen, living room and breakfast area. I noticed there were brand new mattresses (always a plus when vacationing)!

• Stayed June 2005
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 19, 2005

My wife and I stayed at the Cabana for the weekend in February 2005. The office closed at 5:00, the room size was very small (consists of a "kichenette" vs an actual kitchen, the dining area and the living room were one and the same, the bedrooms barely had room for the queen bed, etc), and in general the place was "old"and run down.

The Mariott just down the strip would have been a similiar rate with an indoor pool, new rooms, later hours staff, etc. The breakfast buffet (yes, a regular each morning) was outstanding at the Mariott (although juice was a little watered down?)

Take our advice, go with the Mariott!

• Stayed February 2005