“Good lunch after a morning on the beach”

Gibby's Dock and Dine
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Having spent the morning on Carolina Beach, we were looking for somewhere close by for lunch. We found Gibby's Dock & Dine. We chose to eat inside as it was too hot outside. There was a good choice of food and the staff were very friendly. I wouldn't describe this as a smart restaurant, but it was very acceptable, the food was fine and it was reasonably priced. Also, there was free parking in an area where you usually have to pay to park on the street.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We recently spent a few days at Carolina Beach. We went to Gibby's one night. It has a nice location and view, being on the marina. We were seated in the area with the bar and TV's on. It was so loud I could not hear my husband across the table from me. I quickly asked to be moved and was accommodated. The quieter side was so much better. There is also outdoor seating. The food was your average seafood. I got seafood pasta, with more pasta than seafood, but tasted good. The waitress was very attentive. All in all it was a good dinner.

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We loved the food and the location of this restaurant. The waitress was friendly and the service was great. However, there were tons of flies....EVERYWHERE!!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have been to Gibby's Dock and Dine several times now and haven't been disappointed yet! I recently tried their fish tacos and they were delicious! The service is great, with friendly and attentive servers. They have a nice deck, so sitting outside is a must! On several occasions that I have been to Gibby's they have had some great live music. I highly recommend this restaurant for any visitors or any locals that are lucky to call Carolina Beach home.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

What a great outside deck, looking at the boats - absolutely outstanding location! Which makes the management's decision to allow dogs (including badly behaving, loud obnoxious dogs) to dine on the deck so infuriating. And the smoking? Don't even get me started. Add just average quality food, and the whole experience was disappointing. The one highlight - very friendly, upbeat service! Sadly, I can't recommend at this time.