“They got shut down”

Cuisines: Mexican
Wilmington, North Carolina
“They got shut down”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Just read the article about the owners of this restaurant getting charged with serving underage kids and one of them almost dying in an accident. Horrible situation, I hope some one else opens this place up, it was a cool location.

Visited October 2013

New Orleans
“Overpriced and not very good”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We tasted their chowder at the Chowder Cook off and it was amazing. I was hoping they would open before my time in Wilmington was over. We went the last week I was there and I was so disappointed. Everything was really expensive and they only had a limited menu. The whole reason I went was to have the chowder again and they didn't have it. Why open if you're not going to have your whole menu available? I was really disappointed in the food. I had fish tacos and they tasted like nothing. I had high hopes for this place but won't be returning there if I ever make it back to Carolina Beach or Wilmington.

• Visited April 2013
york
“walked in twice, left twice without ordering. The same people own Uncle Vinny's”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Lets see where to start! Uncle vinny: you were doing so great with your first restaurant why open a 2nd one. You should have just made Uncle vinnys bigger. The first time i walked in to get a to go menu. people were eating on the patio deck but was told they were closed by a nice gentleman but a rude waitress walked up and told me that "We are out of to go menus" very rudely. So I went next door to uncle vinny's and told the manager on duty what happened next door and was told the owners were out but that the same waitress had another complaint earlier in the day and that as soon as the owners came back something would be done. so we thought we try again later that night. Nothing was done to her. She came out and tried to wait on us again. We took a look at the menu and there were maybe 12 items very overpriced items of food and over 40 kinds of alcohol. The name should be twisted lime bar not grill. And they were not friendly when we walked in the door. Uncle vinny's has such good food that i had looked forward to trying their new restaurant and getting some homemade sangria but the two experiences in the twisted lime ruined my outlook on eating at either establishment. By the way for anyone thinking of giving them a shot twisted lime is closed for the season now reopen next year but youve been warned so do not expect alot from them service wise and food wise. if you want alot go next door to their other restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Stay away at all costs....”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our night out here was a very disappointing time. The menu is very limited and overpriced but even so, they were out of everything. The waitress came back to the table twice to either tell us something else on the menu was gone or that the chicken we ordered was also out so we had to wait for the next batch to cook. Because we had to wait so long, we got a free appetizer. Chose the nachos but they must have been out of everything that goes on them because only the top 1/3 of the chips was covered. Glad we did not have to pay for that. Without going into any more detail, the rest of the meal was a disaster. There are too many great restaurants in the area to waste your time and money at this on.

• Visited October 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“Good wings”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I visited the Twisted Lime during one of my summer vacations to Carolina Beach. It looked fun so we decided to visit. We decided to sit outside...not a good idea...to many bugs flying around the lights that are located directly above our table. We moved to another table but it didn't make a significant difference. The Barbacola wings and they were delicious..

• Visited July 2013