“An Experience of a Lifetime”

Tony Silvagni Surf School
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I first met Tony Silvagni in 2011 while day-tripping to Carolina Beach. On a whim, I approached Tony and his sister and (almost jokingly) asked them if they could teach an autistic child who can't swim or communicate verbally how to surf. "Sure!" Tony replied with such conviction. And the rest has been history. When I approached him, I had no idea how skilled you have to be in order to be able to tandem surf with a child, yet alone a disabled child. It takes an enormous amount of experience, skill, and strength. He's not just any surf instructor. I later found out that he a is nationally and internationally ranked longboarder. He has an innate gift of connecting with people- especially children! He's given my daughter an experience of a lifetime. Ever since the first time he took her surfing, he has connected with her in a way that I never thought possible. He truly loves his craft, and it really is his calling in life. Since last year, my family has become regular day-trippers to Carolina Beach- always meeting up with Tony and his Surf School and watching my daughter surf. Without reservations, I trust Tony with my child's life- and she does not have a lot of verbal communication skills. She also can't swim! But after surfing with Tony, she will say "more surf" (which is a huge deal for us) and "Tony Tony Tony!" The other staff at Tony's Surf School are wonderful, friendly, professional and top-notch trained. He runs a tight ship with his business, and yet will drop everything to spend time with your child. You can just tell he loves what he does- and that is what makes him an exceptional surf instructor and human being. I cannot recommend his Surf School enough- I promise you will not regret it!

3  Thank Koifishmama

Reviewed November 12, 2012

It doesn't matter how old,athletic, or who you are, Tony Silvagni Surf School will teach you how to surf! I took lessons years ago and will never regret it! Learned alot and felt like Tony wanted to teach surf, not because it was his job, but because he is passionate about it. I highly recommend his surf school above all others in the area..

Enjoy!

2  Thank BryceWenger
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We came across the Tony Silvagni Surf School back in May of this year and decided to try out classes for our 5 year old and for my husband. The fun started right at the beginning with the land instruction. It was so much fun that my little one( 2 1/2 years old then) wanted to join too and he did! Tony took my youngest Luke out while my husband and oldest( Breyson) were doing their lessons. They all LOVED it! Breyson got up on his first try! Luke was smiling ear to ear! I was busy snapping away:) It was definitely the highlight of our vacation. We have been twice since then for more lessons with Tony and enjoyed every minute of it. My boys love Mr. Tony and can't wait till we go back again! I highly recommend the Tony Silvagni surf school! Wonderful, patient, professional and fun.

2  Thank Bianca12377