“My kids ate 3 out of 5 meals here! Great place for large groups/families!”

Nikki's gourmet and sushi
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Raleigh, North Carolina
“My kids ate 3 out of 5 meals here! Great place for large groups/families!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

This food was so fresh and delicious, that my kids were willing to eat sushi and sashimi for the first time---then they just wanted to keep going back! We'd recommend taking the kids on the earlier side of dinnertime--like between 5pm-6pm, before it gets very crowded, so the waiter can walk any novices through the menu with detailed explanations. However, we also ate at 7:30pm, and lunchtime, and the service was quick and servers were attentive. A fabulous meal and a great price! Oh, there are also many fully cooked sushi and non-sushi options available on the menu, such as terriaki dishes and sesame chicken and various Bento Boxes, as well. It was all DELICIOUS!

• Visited August 2014

Suffolk, Virginia
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went here because I have been craving sushi for awhile and she doesn't eat it so I was able to persuade her to go. We were seated right away, had a server within a few minutes, ordered drinks, and browsed the menu. I ordered a couple of rolls and a salad and my wife was wanting some tempura chicken but didn't want the veggies fried. Our server said that was fine and made the change happen. She was very hospitable and gracious. Dinner arrived and it was very delicious. After dinner we asked or server what were some great local spots for an upscale dinner for our anniversary in a couple of days and she gave us 5 or 6 places. Our servers name was Mara and she was amazing. I would definitely recommend this place and Mara to everyone.

Pinehurst, NC
“Party Sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

If you are looking for the hushed silence of a fine Asian dining experience, go somewhere else. This place is a very loud, busy, boisterous beach party, at least on Friday night. The caterpillar roll was good (pictured), but not as good as the yellow tail sashimi right next to it. Probably 4 stars, but considering how awful most food is in CB, we have to give it 5. Leaving, right outside the door, 3 young loud girls in pumps smoking cigarettes...

• Visited August 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Great Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Arrived at 5:30 to a quiet restaurant, a very nice waitress and great rolls. They had a special "caterpillar" roll which had jalapeño sliced on top and was a wonderful hot and sweet roll. The rock and roll was great but I had to let my mouth reset from the heat of the first roll to get a good overall taste. This is a definite return!

Visited July 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“American & Sushi What's Not to Love?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Great sushi hand made in front of you, the designs and form of the plate are absolutely gorgeous! what they can do with an orange haha I felt very special at the sushi bar...they have great saki too although I don't like saki yuk...BUT its also a REGULAR RESTAURANT! who knew? I tried a take out since I was staying next door (see my review of the Buccaneer Motel) and it was good...try it I think you will like it!

Visited February 2014