“Great Food - Slow Service”

Lazy Pirate Island Sports Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Happiness is a VIBE! The experience we offer is based on the belief that when people play together they bond together. Countless ways to enjoy yourself: sand courts, cornhole lanes, outdoor tiki lounge, oyster bar, courtyards, game room, both indoor and outdoor seating, daily outdoor music (when warm). This is a place where adults and kids alike can get out of their seats and interact. Our food is our top passion. We hope you enjoy our food as much as we enjoy creating it!
Southport, North Carolina
“Great Food - Slow Service”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Ahoy! Mateys!! Went to The Lazy Pirate with a group of 12 (7 children ages 2-6, 5 adults) after the Pirate Adventure in Kure Beach, NC. (Check my review out for that as well. It took a while for someone to even wait on us. Had to go ask...mention the kids were getting restless. Missed taking my order. Yes, I was sitting in my seat. No big deal. Walked over to her and she added it. Food FINALLY came. VERY GOOD. Hot! Tasty! LOTS of it!! Took a while to get the check. I'm guessing wait staff didn't expect that many people for lunch. Come to find out - with every adult meal, the kids meal was FREE! Woo hoo! Also, it looked more like a bar atmosphere - dark lighting with ALL high tables and booths. Don't think they had any booster seats either. Kids were old enough to sit at the high chairs...and loved it! Would I go back again? Most definitely. They were friendly! And, I'm all for giving people and places a 2nd chance. :-) It was the perfect place to go after out Pirate Cruise.

• Visited July 2014

Lima
“Worst Service on the island!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This looked like a great place to visit...corn hole boards, outdoor tiki tables, outdoor bar, sand volleyball, ladder ball and bright fun colors. Wow! This place looked like it really had it going on! We stopped here on a Saturday at noon with our family hoping to have some lunch, and play some games. Let me just say that if this restaurant could get some servers who actually wanted to work, they'd have a chance at staying in business. When the server walked up to us she said "you can go to the bar and get your own drinks or I guess I can start a tab for you". Ummmm....how about doing your job?!?!? So we told her that she could start us a tab and she took our drink order. 10 minutes later she brought me the Rum Runner that I ordered and I must admit, it was delicious. Our waitress NEVER came back to the table so I went to the bar and ordered our second round. This time, my Rum Runner was served in a short plastic glass instead of the tall glass that I got with the first round. Same price...half the drink. Very disappointing.
When our waitress zoomed by us again we asked her for the balls to play ladder ball. Her response was "things get pretty rowdy around her on Friday nights...you'll just have to look for them. Ummmmm...no.
We promptly paid our bill, and took our lunch business across the street.

• Visited July 2014
Charles Town, West Virginia
“Fun and surprisingly good food!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is a very fun and casual place with lots of casual outdoor dining, cornhole, volleyball, etc. Serving sizes were generous and the food was better than expected. Our server, Caity, was as friendly as they come.

• Visited June 2014
NC
“Laid back”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Big thumbs up to the Live music Entertainment--it was what I enjoyed most! Good food, good beer selection, corn hole entertainment, Outdoor and indoor dining. Wait staff was slow and not very attentive but it was the beginning of the week and preseason so maybe they were training. Great place a grab a beer.

Visited June 2014
Kannapolis, North Carolina, United States
“Great Place!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Cool little place. Outstanding food, fun atmosphere, Sports on TV, volley ball courts, outdoor seating, better than expected menu content as well. A great time just waiting to happen!!

Visited June 2014