“3 night minimum...seriously?!”
Review of Sea Ranch Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Sea Ranch Motel
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“3 night minimum...seriously?!”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

At the last minute my husband discovered he had time off during my scheduled vacation so being desperately homesick for the beach we decided to take a quick trip. Was very excited about the Sea Ranch as it seemed to be a fairly nice place. I grew up on Cape Cod so I am quite familiar with MUCH NICER establishments that DO NOT have a stay length minimum. I was QUIT RUDELY snapped at and informed of the 3 night minimum. Seriously now...in this day in age you'd think they would just be pleased to have you consider their establishment! What purpose does a 3 night minimum serve other than to gouge patrons...just saying...I mean the 4 star hotels don't even have a minimum stay length...GET REAL SEA RANCH...and take a course in customer service while you're at it! Marriott to the rescue!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank reds0x33

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My mom and I stayed here on a long weekend, primarily because we couldn't find anywhere else to stay at such short notice. However, we were not disappointed. It is a family-owned motel without bells or whistles, but it makes for a comfy, quiet stay. The owners were very kind and helpful, and solved the only problem we had without any grief. (Someone had used the extra blanket in our room as a beach blanket, re-folded it, and put it back into the closet. When I put it on my bed, I could have built a sand castle out of all the sand in it. They apologized profusely and replaced it with a clean one immediately.) There is a heated pool, and easy access to the beach. The room was an average double-double, clean, with closet space and hangers, as well as a mini-fridge. Although our room was in the building without an ocean view, it was still a great place to stay and the location is perfect- very close to all the great restaurants and attractions at Carolina Beach, as well as the aquarium and fort fisher at Kure Beach.

Room Tip: There are two buildings that make up the motel, and only one of them has ocean views, so keep that i...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Fiorentina7
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We stayed at the Sea Ranch years ago and its definitely gone downhill in my opinion. The only good thing going for it was the two pools. I booked an Oceanfront Efficiency with two beds. Wanted 2nd or 3rd floor but got the 1st floor. A handicapped room at that with the bathroom sink in the main room. The only time you could see a bit of the ocean was during the day time as the dunes were right there outside the balcony - forget seeing the ocean at night. As far as the room, if you want an efficiency you may want to bring some utensils or pots and pans as we only had two pots and one pan, 4 forks etc. The beds were as hard as rocks and the sheets had stains on them. The carpeted floor was nasty! The bottoms of my feet were black from walking barefoot on them the first night - something I didn't do the rest of our stay. Housekeeping? All they did was bring around new towels and took out the trash.
They definitely need to upgrade and renovate this place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Libby1946
Nashville
Reviewed July 10, 2011

My parents rented the Family Fish Cottage next to the hotel. The house has four bedrooms, two baths, and a roomy eat-in kitchen. The house was spacious with a great front porch for morning coffee or tea. We really enjoyed the back deck in the evenings. Although this house is nestled amongst other homes and the hotel, the breeze off the ocean was wonderful. It was no big deal that it was not ocean front. The walk was short from the house to the beach. Yes, the house is old, but to us that meant lots of charm. I felt like I was sleeping at grandma's house with the bead board throughout the house. The property was tidy, clean, and the air conditioning felt great! The hotel staff was attentive and very friendly. The pools were a great way to cool off at the end of a long day at the beach. They were never crowded and well kept. We are truly looking forward to returning next year! This was one of the best trips yet.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Stormy93
Greenville, NC
Reviewed October 24, 2010

We stayed two nights at Sea Ranch in a 2 Queen kitchenette room. The view was breathtaking and the decor was beachy without being cheesy. It was roomy (there were 4 adults) and clean. The staff were friendy and helpful. Even in the off-season, we enjoyed walking the Carolina Beach Boardwalk. We couldn't resist the treats at the Fudge Boat, and enjoyed chatting with the staff at Olde Salty. We had dinner at Tangerine's one night, which was fabulous! Breakfast at Kate's Pancake House was right on time! Just down the road is the Aquarium, which is a must-see. Fort Fisher is also great. Be sure to visit the Cotton Exchange in nearby Wilmington!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank brettsma02
sanford nc
Reviewed August 15, 2010

After endless searching and reading reviews on other places to stay at Carolina Beach, My husband & I decided on the Sea Ranch Motel. WOW...What a great place to stay,It is not the Ritz, but for the price & location it was perfect for us. We have not had a vacation in six years & I promise we will be back to stay there soon. The staff was super friendly & we even got to check in early. Looking forward to our next getaway.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ladyzib
New Haven, Kentucky
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Upon check in we were charged more for extra guest. The only problem was that I made the reservation for 4 guest and confirmed it, however they only had us down for 2. Lady at front desk was nice enough to give some money back, however we still paid more than quoted originally. Room was oceanfront, however you could not see the ocean. I would not pay extra unless you get 2nd or 3rd floor room. Rooms were clean but we probably will try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family