Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Carolina Beach
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The shower and sink did not properly drain. Had to stand in water and was difficult to find a setting to make water work properly. Bathroom is in desperate need of work and the room should not be made available until it passes inspection. Don't know how room can be legally rented with bathroom condition as is.
Check-in staff (Patricia) was very helpful and friendly. Checking out, staff was MIA. Could not report problem because they were not around.
I am a road warrior spending over 100 nights/year traveling. Will not use Wyndham in the future after this experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

microtel, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for writing a review of your experiences. it is nice to know that Patricia was helpful. As for the rest of the review, it would help if you had reported any problems during your stay. It is impossible to address problems after the fact when there is nothing we can do about them. The only person that has reported any issues with a bathroom at our property in as long as I can remember was a person that was turning the hot water the wrong way. They complained that they had no hot water, so we immediately sent a maintenance person down and showed them where the hot water was and they were fine. No one ever said anything to anyone here about standing water or any other issues. I am very sorry if no one was around when you went to check out. There is someone staffed at the front desk 24 hours a day 365 days a year, but perhaps they had stepped away to use the bathroom or check on laundry for a moment. I am sorry you feel like you need to lump all Wyndham properties into a poor experience and I wish I could have made your stay better. Maybe the next time you stay at any hotel it would be helpful if you shared your problems when they happened instead of waiting until after you checked out when there is nothing that can be done.
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed at this place for 1 night. Really nice staff. Nice enough room that was really dirty. Stains on the sheets, dust ruffle, floors & lots of dirt & dust all around. This place could be good but really needs a MAJOR CLEANING. I would not stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Look for a different place if you are disturbed by filth!! Microtel/Wyndam clean your act up!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
microtel, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for the nice words on my staff. It is always nice to hear that we are treating our guests the right way! As for the room being filthy, I have to say that this statement is simply untrue. I believe that this guest wanted a free night stay before they even checked into the hotel, since I have had only one complaint about a room being dirty in the past several months I assume this is that one particular guest - if I am mistaken then this guest never told anyone about any issues they had with the room and we could, of course, do nothing about it. Had they told us we would have immediately taken care of any issues they had. This particular guest checked in and after being in the room for about 30 minutes told us that the bed sheets had not been changed and that they were dirty. 4 different people inspect our rooms prior to check-in, (myself included) and I personally was in this room prior to his arrival and prior to the new sheets being put on the beds and the beds had both been completely stripped, so the sheets were in fact brand new. He claimed that he found leaves and hair in the bed, which he could not provide as proof (because it was never there in the first place.) I told him nicely that I knew for a fact that his sheets had been changed and that they were clean prior to his arrival. The staff here will always do whatever it takes to make sure a guest is satisfied with their room and if a guest finds a room unacceptable all they have to do is tell any member of my staff and we will immediately send someone to clean the room or resolve the issue. Even though this guest lied to my face about the room, I still issued him a gift certificate for the full value of his stay. He was still upset and wanted his money back. I explained I could not do that as I knew his statements were not true. That is why he is writing this review. As I said.....We do everything we can to satisfy the guests here, but I cannot issue refunds to people for no reason.

Travelers are raving about these Carolina Beach hotels

Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed for one night and everything was perfect. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was clean with nice amenities. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. I would come here again and I highly recommend this hotel! The price was very good too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
#14 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Drifters Reef Hotel
Drifters Reef Hotel
#11 of 19 in Carolina Beach

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach? Share your experiences!