“Pleasant Place”

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Reviewed December 25, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Location was amazing. Only complaints are stained carpets, shower and toilets. And our 11 year old didn't like that he could not reach tv to plug up his xbox as it was in top of a bureau in the room. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed December 11, 2013

For an off-season stay, the Microtel Inn and Suites is a good value and a great place. The location was perfect for us; close enough to three beaches and close enough to Wilmington. The bed was comfortable and the room, although small, was clean. A mini fridge would have been nice and available in the larger suites. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was well-stocked but the coffee was weak and lackluster.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I just wanted to air my opinion regarding how management speaks to their employees. I went to have a cup of coffee at around 2:30 p.m. when I overhead management yelling at one of the employees. I couldn't believe my ears. I was in the lobby and I don't think he even knew I was there. This was so inappropriate for management to speak so loudly and threatening to this poor woman. Even after the incident, she held her own and was very professional and friendly. Other than that, my stay was very nice and the hotel was well kept (for its age).

Room Tip: Eat at the Lazy Pirate - wonderful
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicki M
microtel, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you for sharing this observation. I am the General Manager and since I know that I have never even raised my voice to any of my employees, ever, I would like to know who it was that you overheard yelling. I would appreciate it if you would give me a call at 910-458-1300. My name is Bruce Deveraux. There are only two managers here, myself and the Assistant GM. I find it extremely hard to believe that it was the assistant GM as it is just not his style to do something like that. I sincerely want to know what you heard and whom you heard doing the yelling as I will simply not tolerate that type of behavior. Perhaps you thought or assumed it was a manager doing the yelling. Please contact me so I can get to the bottom of this. I welcome any and all inquiries regarding my management style. I also welcome anyone to candidly and privately contact any of my staff to ask them if they have ever heard me raise my voice to anyone. I just do not do that. Thank you again for bringing this incident to my attention.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Fabulous property! Staff was very accomodating. Only issue was with lack of water pressure in shower.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The hotel and room were very clean and quiet, which is a plus, however the continental breakfast was much to be desired, with only offerings of assorted bread pastries and coffee. All in all though, still a great place to stay and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends