“We got what we paid for :(”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We intially booked our stay at another local hotel, only to find it despicably dirty. We moved the following morning into the Microtel, which was comfortable and clean. What made it stand out was the staff. They couldn't be more accomodating, especially the night auditor "Jean". By far, the most professional and helpful people I have ever encountered. Definitely recommend this facility for anyone visiting the Carolina Beach area.

Salisbury
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel is in a good location with Resturants and the Beach within walking distance. It is clean and the staff is very friendly. The only drawback is that it is a little worse for wear. Most everything needs updating, carpet, bathrooms, window seat pads, refrigerators, etc. The breakfast they offer is okay if you like sweets and cereal but there are no protein options offered such as yogurt or peanut butter. Other Microtels have at least offered these and fruit but not at this location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Asheboro
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights at the Microtel Inn & Suites in Carolina Beach for our anniversary. Carolina Beach is so wonderful in April! Added to our pleasure, the attendant who checked us in the first night (and subsequently helped us with various things) was professional, helpful, and friendly. He was an excellent ambassador for the hotel (if the hotel administration monitors these reviews, we checked in on April 12, 2013 and stayed three nights---keep this guy!).

We were a bit surprised to see that the room was smaller than we thought it would be. Then---durh!--They actually spell it out in their name: MICROtel. This is actually a brilliant idea. Smaller units allow more people to stay in oen hotel building and make it more likely that people can actually find a room, especially in the high season.

Our little room was cheery and pleasant. AC worked well and all was quiet (did our visit before the season have anything to do with this?--maybe). We were disappointed that we did not have a coffee maker in our room, but then I noted that only the two-double-bed rooms have a coffee maker. But coffee was provided day and night in the lobby area and it was quite decent and I didn't have to make it myself! They even had decaf. In addition, the guy behind the counter, the same guy I described above as professional and pleasant... well, he gave us toothbrushes because I had forgotten to pack mine. He was so nice about it and we were so happy to get them.

So... it was a rosy trip, the town was a lot of fun, and the hotel was just what we wanted and needed. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nc
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here one night as we had to be on an early morning field trip the next day. Check in was quick. The room was very old and shabby. The rooms walls had very patchy paint on them which made the room feel dirty. Decor old. The bathroom had a chipped toilet seat again which made it look dirty. The bath tub faucet was either stuck or just rusty so could not move it from shower to bath. I must say the water pressure was good in the shower. Our main complaint was the refrigerator in the room, as we were on a field trip the next day my daughters packed lunch bag was in the refrigerator. The fridge motor made a very loud noise every 20 mins all night long. By 2am I was about to throw the thing out the window. I got dressed went to reception and asked if I could turn it off and leave our cool items in another fridge. The woman was helpful, she turned it off and we put our packed lunch bags in the fridge in the room next door. However, in the morning when I went to get them, it seems that the refrigerator had leaked water all over the bags. Obviously we were not happy to find an extremely wet bag with wet soggy food. Thankfully there is a Subway down the road!. No apology from front desk - I don't think they honestly cared.
Breakfast is dreadful, surely Microtel you can supply some fruit. We will not be staying again in this chain.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Travelers are raving about these Carolina Beach hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I loved everything about my stay at the Microtel Inn & Suites! When I went to check in for the first of two nights, I experienced a little "faux pas" which was mainly my own fault. When I returned to the hotel the next day, I was greeted by the General Manager and the Front Desk Professional who were very poilte and super-friendly. They apologized for the previous nights' mix-up and made sure I was well taken care for the second night. The General Manager was extremely accommodating. I could not have been happier. When I checked into my room, I found the room to be extremely clean and comfortable. (I am SUPER PICKY about hotels). I could have slept forever in the bed. Breakfast was the usual continental choices.However, I was happy they offered "bagel thins" for those of us who are trying to watch calories. Of all the hotels in Carolina Beach, I would choose the Microtel Inn & Suites. The hotel is very family friendly and even has a chlorine-free pool for guests to enjoy. Do yourself a BIG FAVOR and choose Microtel Inn & Suites whenever you are in town. I don't think there is anywhere in Carolina Beach that has so much value! I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: "Beds are SUPER comfortable"