“Microtel - Carolina Beach”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is my second time at this Microtel location. Service is as good as it was back in 2009, but unfortunately this time the room was not very clean. It was clear to see that the shower had not been cleaned nor was it done over the period of our 2 nights stay. The sink and bath faucet were still stained.
I would suggest to the hotel manager to tighten up in regards to the housekeeping

Breakfast : Continental - it would be nice to add bread to their continental breakfast since not everyone likes bagels for breakfast.

TV was old and placed on top of a high rised desk, so it was ''painful'' to watch.
Hopefully, they will upgrade their housekeeping and it will be a pleasure to return again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank irinaki2001

Reviewed January 4, 2013

The front desk staff was very pleasant and the breakfast was pretty good. We were only staying one night, so we didn't complain about the dirty blanket on the bed or the smeared stains on the walls. The bed was not comfortable, but was expected for this type of hotel. Also, the tv was old and so small. The pool area looks nice too. The fitness center consists of a couple machines right next to the front desk. There is a glass wall, so I hope you don't mind people watching you work out while they eat breakfast.

1  Thank First L
Reviewed December 30, 2012

2  Thank pycp
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Last week my parter and I stayed at the Carolina Beach facility and have mixed feelings. Our initial room had a heater that didn't work, so we were moved to another room. The desk clerks, Hollie and a gentleman whose name I don't recall,were quick to respond to our needs/requests, which ranged from no heat to housekeeping. My partner and I expressed our concerns to Hollie and had she not been at the desk alone, she would have gone and serviced our room for us. That was more than admirable of her. Basically, we enjoyed our stay at the hotel, but the housekeeping services are unacceptable. Our room was not made up for the five days of our stay. Should conditions improve in the future, I look forward to staying at Microtel again. The proximatey to my parent's house makes it an ideal place to stay. Please contact me if you have any additional questions. Best regards.

Dr. Lewis Gambill

1  Thank Lewis G
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My dad and I went for a business trip in this hotel for the first time, and sure to be the last. The rooms are so small, have a stench, and color scheme is nauseating. We were about to leave when they offered us a big room on the first floor, which I usually don't like first floor at all, but the price was unbeatable and was close to the beach and included breakfast, plus we didn't stay more than 2 days. It was ok, but not for us.

Room Tip: Double rooms are not pleasant
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Maryann H
Reviewed December 14, 2012

You read alot of mishaps on this site about this hotel, and all the bad/negative things...I stay here on the average of 50+ nights a year and im a private citizen on my own time, no work here..

I will continue to stay here for the future! Its not perfect by no means, but if I do have a issue the staff takes control of the situation quickly for me.

Holly & Jean are the best front workers you will meet! They are aces in the hole for me and im glad to deal with them at anytime, and for the times its over their heads Bruce has made things correct.

If your wanting hilton? Go to hilton, this isnt a 5 start place. But for good sleep, good breakfast, and easy parking & greatly located to everything on the island? Its the place for me

Room Tip: If you don't like the sun coming into the room at early hours? Ask for the poolside of the hotel...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had a hard time finding the hotel. We called the reception desk twice and they were friendly, polite and patient. They gave us wonderful directions, and when we arrived I cannot say enough about the reception we received. Also in the morning we had to go to the store and the reception clerk said there's coffee help yourself. It was 6am in the morning and when we returned they had breakfast ready. It is not a fancy hotel but a good value and great service, and clean.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends