“Did the job but nothing fancy”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Motel was in a convenient location and easy to find. Also lots of parking spaces. Room was ok but surprisingly small and no frills. Unfortunately we were next to quite a loud vending machine but the receptionist was unable to unplug it. Breakfast was good and plentiful.
Would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This had to be the worst hotel stay I have every had. We were staying the weekend there was a wedding family there that I think had the whole hotel and they ran from one room to another all night long (and when I mean all night I mean all night. They started at 10 and did not srop until 5:55 in the morning. It was riduculous they were screaming knocking on each other's doors yelling. It was horrible and I would never do it again. Next time I would just get in the car and sleep I probably would sleep more.

1  Thank JACQUELINE F
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Though the rooms were small, they were clean and neat. The clerk was very friendly and we had a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We came to the Microtel at Carolina Beach this past weekend and had a wonderful time!! The room was immaculate, one of the best and cleanest we had ever stayed in- thanks to John our cleaning person!! It was spacious, close to the beach and the pool was still open to swim too. Bruce, the manager, offered plenty of GREAT tips of places to eat or places to park, shop...you name it he seemed genuinely happy to help. Then the staff that we encountered at the front desk were AWESOME!!! I want to particularly thank Anthony, Lori (Gray), and Holly for being over the top kind, accommodating and BEYOND friendly. The price was right, the room was great, and the people made this Microtel a place we will DEFINITELY visit again!!! Thank you so much!!

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor and couldn't really hear any excessive noise above, below, or next to u...
1  Thank Samantha P
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had $25 stolen from our room. I left many messages for the manager and he finally returned my call. The manager would do nothing about it. He said his staff would never steal! i have never had a hotel not care when their employees take things from their guests. I am apalled!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lynn k j
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Clean and great atmosphere from staff. Even has fish cleaning station which I did not know until this most recent stay. Great!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My family and I had flown down to NC from NJ for my sister's wedding and stayed at your hotel. I had been across country and stayed at Microtel's across the country and found them to be clean, affortable, nothing special, but very confortable. I thought this Microtel could use some updating. The service was wonderful but I thought the rooms needed painting, the bathrooms could use some updating, there was no iron for everybody's wedding clothes, the TV was old on top of a wardrobe closet. Like I said the service was wonderful but the rooms needed help.