$188
$170
Hampton.com
Drifters Reef Hotel(Carolina Beach)
$137
$186
$161
Priceline
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

Surfside Lodge(Carolina Beach)
$135
$131
  • Pool
Dry Dock Vacation Club(Carolina Beach)
$113
Hotels.com
Oceaneer Motel(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
$118
Carolina Beach Inn(Carolina Beach)
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Just left the Microtel and had a great time! Rooms were clean. Pretty large pool. Location was very convenient to the beach, boardwalk, and various restaurants. Bowmans Seafood is next door - best seafood in town.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Sarah6388
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Checked into this Microtel Inn around 9:30 pm 7/20/12, the desk person was very welcoming and helpful. The room was very well clean with nice beds and pillows.
On Saturday morning 7/21/12 we stopped at the desk person telling him we would be staying another night, he told us ok. We went out for the day. Upon our return we went to our room and could not get in. We were told that no one knew we were staying over, therefore our bags were taken out of the room.
After getting thematter resolved, we discovered my friend's nightwear that was left on the bed was gone.
The manager apologized and would have the cleaning staff look for it..
Oh well, overall this not the best place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank gentlspice
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We had a very pleasant overnight stay. The hotel employees were all very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfy. I was so surprised at how quiet the room was. We slept great! We will stay here again on our next trip.

Room Tip: We were on the main floor very close to check-in and it was still very quiet. The room had a very nice reading nook by the window with a comfy mat. My kids loved sitting in it. This room was a suite.
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I am posting to describe the experience that I had at the Microtel Inn and Suites at Carolina Beach NC. (WHICH is NOT against the LAW) I have stayed at the same Hotel for more than 4 years and this year was the last. First I want to say, ALWAYS get your rates(with EVERYTHING added in, including their safe charges that they like to throw in on the VERY last day of your stay) in the form of paper that way they cannot charge twice your amount when you show up for your vacation! This happened to my family and I and as I can see further down the reviews happened to someone else! We were locked into a price about three to four months ago and when we arrived they decided that they would not hold up to what they quoted us! Excuse me but if you have repeat customers this is NOT the way to get their vacation started! At check in I paid a couple different ways because we were two different couples so they TOOK my method of payment at the beginning of my stay and had my cards on file and told me that they were going ahead and charging me for my room, but 4 days after my trip was over the manager wanted to say that we didn’t pay but half on our room! Excuse me but if they tell me at check in that they are going ahead and charging me for the room, and the funds come out of the bank, then hey, I have paid! Additionally, why wasn’t it brought up during our check out and signing of the receipt if we still owed???
Also after arriving at around 2:30 or 3 to check in I was looking around the parking lot and it was NOT very clean! There were alcohol bottles lying around, dirty napkins and etc! The manager said later that the parking lot was cleaned daily but the bottles and trash remained for the majority of our stay. That does not give a very inviting feeling! It took us forever to check in and, there was a line starting to build up, it took the manager a little while to come out of his little office to help get the line down! Once again reading down through reviews this seems to be a problem with the manger and his ways! Ok so ALL of this has happened and we haven’t even made it to the rooms! First off the covers on some of the beds had yellowish stains on them, pubic looking hairs and what looked like blood stains on them! This was nasty and it took a little while for the housekeeping to come and switch them out!!! Also, the bathrooms had mildew all around the corners of the tubs and nozzles! Moving on the next morning other customers were asking for their money back because they were ate up by some sort of bugs in their room. Couple of days passed and we were looking for shoes in our hotel room when one of us reached under the bed and found a BLOODY pair of under wear!!! This was disgusting, I called the front desk hoping the manager picked up but no one did so I walked down stairs looking for him and didn’t see him so I found a very nice blonde haired housekeeping lady and guy and told them what I just found and if they could come and get them out! The guy quickly delegated the duty to the female and once in our room she was wondering how the other house keeper had not found them yet (maybe our room wasn’t being vacuumed like it should) I thought that they would bring that to the managers attention but apparently did not because he wanted to act like we were making it up!!!!! How rude can you be???? That done it in and at check-out we wanted to state how our experience was to the Manager(Bruce) and ALL he wanted to do is say that the prices don’t change , they don’t change and well they don’t change! Excuse me sir but we just want you to know that the experience was complete CRAP and that things NEED to change at this place!!!!! But thanks for not acting mature by not allowing us to tell you and just assuming we wanted some money back……
P.S- Manger Bruce, please don’t waste your time on trying to make excuses and lying on this site to try and make yourself and the hotel there look better because I have sent pictures into Wydham Customer Care. You are unprofessional and lack the demeanor needed to understand the needs of your clients even when someone just wants to voice their dissatisfaction. I will say that our previous stays over the past few years were good being the reason we came back but I can firmly say that I hope to never encounter you again. I think the hotel could be much better with better management.

10  Thank VacationSeeker09
microtel, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Wow, I think my previous response to this guest pretty much said it all. It is hard to believe that people like this honestly think that anyone reading their reviews will even give them the time of day. It is truly a shame. I actually feel sorry for them. I hope they feel better now.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

My family has stayed at the Microtel inn for the past five years. This year was a nightmare first thing was they gave us one price when we booked the rooms and then went up on the price when we checked in.And the six night stay in full was charged to the card when we checked in not out like it had been in the pass. When we questioned it the manger was very rude and then said the price is that and he would not help.As if this was not bad enough when I turned down the bed the first night there was stains on the sheets that looked like intercourse stains. I called the front desk and ask for them to come change the bed after waiting long enough had to take it off myself and then there was another nite mare pubic hair on it to. Then after all this I had a hard time going to sleep because of the smell of urine coming from urine on back of tolite and around bottom of it that I finally cleaned myself As all this was not enough the shower curtain had mold on it and when I got out of the shower one night the towel I had looked like it had intercourse stains on it.This place has really changed from the past times we have stayed here which is very heartbreaking.My family will not be staying here again under this kind of management.

5  Thank InformingCustomer