Drifters Reef Hotel(Carolina Beach)
$137
$135
$131
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Oceaneer Motel(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
$118
Dry Dock Vacation Club(Carolina Beach)
$113
Moran Motel(Kure Beach)(Great Value!)
$80
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $89/night.

Carolina Beach Inn(Carolina Beach)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Clean enough for the money. The fridge was dirty but they came and cleaned. The internet wifi wouldn't work in the outer rooms. We had an outer room of course. If internet matters, get a room close to the lobby. The motel is close to most everything you would want to do and that is nice. The staff was always nice and tried to help, but couldn't get the Internet to work right....

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Harold A
microtel, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2011

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. When our hotel was built the only service available on the beach was DSL. So, the hotel was set up to run on this system, which is quite slow in relation to today's digital standard. I recently took over as the General Manager and am taking steps to rectify this situation. We are currently under contract with our DSL provider until December. After that we will be switching to digital cable which should vastly improve our wifi within the hotel. We are sorry about the difficulty, but there is only so much DSL can handle.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

Will never go back to this hotel. The bed was horrible, not a pillow top like someone else stated. The water pressure in shower was a slow trickle. The smell and taste of the water was awful, smelled like sulfur and sewage. Non smoking room had burn holes from previous smokers. The pool had slime and mold in the corners, and cloudy water. Would not recommend, and will never go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary W

I have to say that I am very surprised at this review. Of course, everyone reacts to beds differently. I personally have trouble sleeping in any bed that isn't my own. I do not know why you found the bed so uncomfortable, but I assure you we flip or mattresses on a scheduled basis and we replace them when they are worn out. I do feel badly that you had a bad experience. As for the water, I have never noticed any issues with taste or smell personally nor have I ever received a single complaint, I assume you did not mention any of this to the staff during your stay, as I never heard about it, and you certainly never told me. if you had we could have moved you to a different room or otherwise resolved the situation prior to your check-out. Our pool is maintained by a professional pool maintenance every single day and the only time it has been at all cloudy was after Hurricane Irene came through. The pool sat for two days waiting to get cleaned. But it has never had mold or slime in it, if it did I would immediately fire the pool company. Perhaps you came shortly after the hurricane. If any of you have any concens feel free to call me directly at the hotel. I am happy to speak with anyone regarding our facility. I want everyone that stays here to enjoy their visit.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

My spouse and I stayed here for two nights while attending a friend's wedding in Wilmington, NC. Overall, this two story motel was clean, and had small rooms that I felt comfortable sleeping in. IMHO, the rooms were decent for the price, and the location was good. There was an ample free parking lot, and the property appears to be taken care of. There is a decent sized swimming pool that kids would love. A free breakfast is included in the cost of your room, and although I did not eat it, my friend informed me that there were hot Belgian waffles, coffee, cold cereal, and some other items. I will say that "micro-tel" is not just a name, the motel and rooms were quite small. It was fine for a two night stay for two adults, but I couldnt imagine more than two people staying in the room that we were in, which had double beds. The only other thing that struck me as odd, is that you needed to check out an iron, ironing board, and hairdryer from the front desk, and it was only upon request that you could borrow these items. The iron was attached to a cord which made ironing our clothes awkward. I have not experienced this before, and I guess it is to prevent theft, but I think patrons could be trusted to leave the 5 dollar iron in the room when they check out. Perhaps not. Overall, good weekend stay near the beach.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Positives: The staff, location, parking and cleanliness of the lobby.
Negative: Room 321 toilet needed deep cleaning. Made complaint to housekeeper,
after our return, it was still not satisfactorily done. Was checking out the
next day and complained again to front desk.
Second complaint was lack of irons and ironboard. Never received one first day.
Finally I happened to be in lobby when one was returned the second day.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Hotel rooms were a little worn, carpets old, beds average,bathroom was average. Lobby was Clean, Breakfast was only one waffle iron, so prepare to wait, staff was very friendly . Parking at site. Convenient location to stores,restaurants and dock. Does have on site pool.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends