“So disappointed !!”

Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I am a regular Marriott guest and of all the Marriotts, any brand, that I have stayed at...this is the worst. My son-in-law booked 5 of us as a special surprise at this hotel in a 2 bedroom suite. In reality, it's a 1 bedroom with a pull out couch. My daughter, her husband , and my other daughter and I shared the bedroom, while my grandson had to sleep on the couch, which nobody wanted to make up for him.
The rug on the floor is stained and disgusting. We had to ask for enough towels, soap etc for 5 people as they had the room set for two.
My son in law had to get here after a day at work ,drive through thunderstorms and then he was told that he couldn't park his car here. He had to go find public parking blocks away and feed the meter.
At the present time I am handicapped and this is all very stressful for me. I asked for a rollaway and was told that there are only 6 for the entire hotel with 144 rooms and they were already being used. Having to share a bed with my daughter is extremely uncomfortable as I have to be able to have my leg cushioned and raised and this is now impossible.
Michael at the front desk was extremely flip and not at all helpful.

6  Thank LOGOAWAY
Richard G, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for visiting our hotel and sharing your experience. I apologize that the suite was not accommodating for your family. The inconvenience of additional parking is sometimes a challenge during our busy summer months also. Your feedback is valuable, though, and I will be sure to share it with my management team and staff. Hopefully, you will give us another chance in the future. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact me directly.

Rick Grant
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We spent 4 nights at the hotel, and it was very nice. We got on the third floor, and we got a beautiful view of the outdoor pool and the ocean. They have a little restaurant called The Bistro, and it seemed nice, but food was too expensive for my family. The rooms are very spacious and well done, and you get free wireless internet there too.

My only complaint was the noise that the little carnival ride had outside. It would screech all night until 1/2 AM. Ask for a room on the right side if you don't want to hear the noise. Plenty of attractions are nearby, including Britt's Donuts, several shops, and the arcade, plus it is only a short walk to the beach.The pool and the hot tub were very crowed sometimes, and when we got inside, it was very clean and seemed well maintained.

Otherwise, we had a great stay, and we will probably come back again!

Room Tip: "Get a room on the right side, away from the carnival noise."
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Nice pool outside. Inside pool was full of little ones so I guess they liked it. (Heated) short walk to the beach. Nice white sand. Great surf. Room bed faces the beach. Very spacious. Reasonable prices at the food bar. Outstanding staff!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My company just hosted a business conference here in June. Attendees came from 13 states. The hotel staff were fantastic to work from start to finish- planning, catering, room set-up etc.
Everyone had a fantastic time! Thank you Carolina Beach Marriott!

Room Tip: Beautiful beach front location. Be sure to get a Britt's doughnut!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Spent two nights at this location. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel seats right next to the rides and the boardwalk. Within walking distance to shopping and dining. Hotel has a Starbucks and a bistro in the lobby.

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a short 4 day vacation and for those sbort few days The Marriot was our home. Very pleasant house keeping staff. Great view from our room on tbe 10th floor. Some complain about the sand at the pool well it is the beach. Fantastic fireworks on our last night (Thursday). Great stay and will return.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CLIFFORD B
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We booked this hotel based on it being close to an event we were attending. Breakfast buffet was fine $12.95 an adult and kids 12 and under were half off. Food was good and fruit was fresh and fine. Service was good and friendly by Amy and the Chef. The hotel is right on the beach so great for the kids to run into the ocean then later they had fun at the pool both indoors and outdoors. Our only negative was the parking issue. We had been there 4 nights and didn't have a problem finding a parking spot until Friday evening when the lot was overflowing. Having checked several cars for Marriott signs and none present we weren't too happy to walk through the completely puddle filled overflow parking lot to the hotel. The front desk told us they would reimburse the $8 parking fee for the overflow lot and they did not staff anyone to look over the hotel parking. I would suggest that for anyone wanting to stay here on the weekend to beware you may not find a parking spot as most people parked in the hotel lot and walked over to the amusement park area.

4  Thank MartyParty4
The Savannah Inn
The Savannah Inn
#3 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville ...
#2 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
#13 of 19 in Carolina Beach

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach? Share your experiences!