Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach
Surfside Lodge(Carolina Beach)
$150
Travelocity
  • Pool
Oceaneer Motel(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
$166
Golden Sands(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
$159
The Savannah Inn(Carolina Beach)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
SeaWitch Motel(Carolina Beach)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbreakfast buffetstarbucks coffeeoutdoor poolcorner suiterooms face the oceanoff seasonocean viewan umbrellahigher floorking roomhousekeeping staffsliding doorstaff was very friendly and helpfulboard walkmini fridgebistrobalcony
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Booked this hotel after noticing the price was better than many in Wrightsville Beach AND then the discount for govt/military was so good we couldn't refuse. All rooms are oceanfront- there are no rooms that do not directly face the ocean. There are 10 ? floors. We requested a higher floor based off other reviews here about noise from the carnival. We did get a room on the 9th floor at the end side right near the carnival but we couldn't hear it in our room! There were fireworks at 9 pm that were very good/ watched from balcony seeing it all very well... not with the hundreds of others down below but you can... The hotel was clean. Bed was comfortable and we slept just fine. I am picky with hotel beds! Its not a luxurious hotel but met my expectations and then some. The only thing was there wasn't much info about if we could take towels out from the hotel / pool towels etc. I had to ask the front desk. Bring your own towels/ chairs from home... towels at pool only for pool... beach umbrella and chairs must be rented $30 per day. They are not provided. Breakfast is $12.95 per person... we went elsewhere as there was no omelet station just some silver pans with scrambled eggs , sausage etc.... They also have food for lunch and dinner. They have starbucks coffee (white mocha , etc!) Carnival is fun to go to even just to walk around. We walked to dinner. Try the deck house!!!!!!! We will be coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is our third year vacationing at Carolina Beach and staying at the Courtyard Marriott. Why do we keep coming back....because the hotel is beautiful, the ocean view is fantastic, the rooms are spacious, the staff is friendly and helpful, and we absolutely love it. This year was no exception. We had a wonderful week of family fun. My personal thanks to the staff and management of this hotel for making every stay even better than the one before. We were on the 9th floor and the view was spectacular. We had a King room and it was spacious, clean and quiet. We thoroughly enjoyed their breakfast buffet each morning. Our 1 year old grandson was with us and it was so convenient to have such a short walk to the ocean and pool from the hotel. More wonderful memories made again this year. Thank you Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach! See you next year!!!

Room Tip: The higher floors give you the best view. We personally like staying on the side of the hotel where the carnival rides are set up. Our grandchildren love to watch the activity with the rides and lights. Also the weekly fireworks display is great from your balcony.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed here recently for three nights. Our room wasn't ready on time. When we finally got into our room it was okay, but they weren't very detail oriented when they were cleaning. The view from our room was great. The outdoor pool was nice too. They had an indoor workout room, and indoor pool,as well as an indoor hot tub. We didn't use the indoor pool, or hot tub because they didn't appear to be very clean. The front desk staff was rude. The hotel seemed to be short staffed. The best part of the hotel was the bistro. The food was great, and the service was amazing. The bartender Tahlia was very nice, and energetic. The bistro was a little pricey, but well worth it. Everything was fresh, and delicious. When I booked the room I checked the "quiet room" option, and our room ended up being by the elevator. There was a lot of traffic, and noise at night.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Richard G, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Hello cbgirl22,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your kind words about our Bistro and specifically Thalia at the bar. I will be sure to let her know the praise you gave her. I apologize for check-in delay at the front desk. Your feedback will help us do a better job with this for all future guests. With that being said, we hope that you will give us another chance and we'll see you again really soon.

Rick Grant
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I don't know where these other reviewers stayed, but it could not have been the same place. I've traveled all over the world and stayed at numerous beachfront hotels, and this was the worst in terms of cleanliness.
First off, I understand this is on the beach; however, that does not excuse the yellow spots on our pillows and comforter, nor does it explain the child's dirty handprint on our drapes. And speaking of the drapes, there were spots all over them and what appeared to be a cigarette hole. The bathroom had dust and dirt in the corners, and the ceiling had severe brown water spots. Now, let's consider the pool. Never have I seen so much sand in a swimming pool before. When we stayed in Myrtle, there was NO sand in any of the resort's eight swimming pools. Marriott couldn't take the time to clean one? Please. Let me also mention that, on a Saturday at noon, there were still NO towels available to any guests. None by the indoor or outdoor pools. Housekeeping was apparently "running behind" according to the front desk. Now, I do want to say that the staff at the front and at the Bistro are extremely friendly and helpful, and they are the ONLY reason I gave this place two stars instead of one. Management needs to see that this "resort" is cleaned properly. We will not be returning.

Room Tip: Here's a tip: Don't waste your money here.

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Courtyard Marriott in Carolina Beach. Let me first apologize for the cleanliness issues you described in your response. That is unacceptable and not the standards that we look to achieve on a daily basis. I will share your feedback with our housekeeping department so that next time you stay with us, there will be no issues. Thank you for mentioning the friendly and helpful service in the Bistro and Front Desk. I will let them know right away what nice things you had to say. If you have any further concerns or questions, feel free to contact me directly. Thanks again for staying with us as we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Rick Grant
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We enjoyed the outside pool, inside pool , hot tub & of course the beach. All staff was very helpful. The balcony overlooking the ocean was awesome . The food was very good. Chicken quesidilla & salmon salad are highly recommended. Fireworks by the boardwalk was a good show. I just wish there was a self serve complimentary coffee station. Parking was an issue at times.

Room Tip: all rooms have an ocean view