Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach
$170
$125
Drifters Reef Hotel(Carolina Beach)
$102
Drydock Motel(Carolina Beach)
$90
Oceaneer Motel(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
$101
Surfside Lodge(Carolina Beach)
$125
$121
  • Pool
Golden Sands(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
All reviewsbreakfast buffetstarbucks coffeeoutdoor poolcorner suiterooms face the oceanoff seasonocean viewan umbrellahigher floorking roomhousekeeping staffsliding doorstaff was very friendly and helpfulboard walkmini fridgebistrobalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Right on the beach. I needed to "run away from home" for a couple of days of R&R and this hotel was ideal. Fantastic location. I was able to park the car and everything I needed was within walking distance. Boardwalk right there, Britt's doughnuts, pavillion, food, yoga, putt putt. Nice sand with a few small shells. Lifeguards were on duty when I was there.

Any time I stay at a beach location, I expect wear and tear from the sand & weather, but this hotel was surprisingly well maintained. They had done a great job preparing for the upcoming summer season and were constantly cleaning up the floors from dripping beach goers. Room was great--comfortable bed, fridge, ocean front, clean.

Front desk was helpful & friendly. Concierge was a couple of computers with all the answers I needed. Housekeeping was 5 star (did a great job and let me relax, sleep late without hearing them bang around).

Room Tip: The carnival/pavillion area is on the North side of the hotel. I only heard it from on my balcony at dinner time and it was a happy noise that did not bother me--kind of harmonized with the ocean waves.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I tend to give ocean resort area hotels just a bit more slack due to the special challenges they face. In spite of those challenges, the Courtyard at Carolina Beach was a pleasure for us to stay in. We found everyone on the staff to be friendly and helpful, particularly Michael, Sue and both Chelseas at the front desk. We stayed twice during mid June. It was thoroughly enjoyable. The rooms have great views, are kept fresh and clean, and are reasonably quiet. Wireless access is reliable and quick. We used the pool, the Bistro, and the bar. The food and drink services were good, and reasonably priced. You can't beat the fireworks show as seen from the balcony. About the only things that weren't perfect were the lukewarm Starbucks coffee in the Bistro, and the need to ask housekeeping to vacuum places they missed (which they did very happily). Go, stay, enjoy.

Room Tip: There are carnival rides at the north end of the property, so ask for a room on the south end to avoid any of the machine noise. Also, they are especially accommodating to Elite Rewards members, so if you are a member, be sure to advise them.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Friendly staff, clean room. I was traveling by myself and felt completely safe. Parking was a little tight. The best part was that every room was oceanfront with a balcony. A little pricey. Convenient to everything on the strip.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room to avoid pool noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank obxgrl100
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

I come to the beach every year, and I'm not a picky person. This was my first stay at this hotel. My total came to $674 for three days. I expected so much more! They didn't want to give us toilet paper! That's only a basic necessity...
They didn't even give us clean sheets or pillows for our stay. They just came in a made the bed. I know because I dropped food on the bed, and the same stain was there when I got back. They wanted us to reuse towels, which is nasty to me. The indoor pool and whirlpool was green and slimy. The outdoor one was okay. I'm just a bit disappointed with the overall experience. The little shops around the corner are great. Britts donuts is fantastic! You must try some before you leave. The hotel is a 3 star at best. It's decent if you've got money to waste and want to wake up on the ocean. =)

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carla N
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Last month I needed to be in Wilmington for a business meeting and I checked the Marriott properties. The Courtyand by Marriott Carolina Beach was only 15 minutes from my destination and it was a great value. Every room has an ocean front view with a balcony. The rooms were clean comfortable and quiet. The reception desk staff were friendly and helped me map my schedule for my meeting and activities for the next day. Wifi is complementary. We literally left the room, went downstairs and we were seconds from a beautiful walk along the ocean. For the price, I would highly recommend the hotel if you are ever in the Wilmington area.

Room Tip: Higher floors for better views
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business