“Recognition of staff at Marriott Carolina Beach NC”

Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
rtp
“Recognition of staff at Marriott Carolina Beach NC”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This message is in recognition of the staff at the Carolina Beach NC Marriott. My daughter's wedding reception took place on Sat April 5 and the customer service exceed my expectations.

I was extremely pleased with all the services! Brittni Drake has an impeccable "attention to detail". Brittni captured all the events that we requested, Brittni understood and carried out all our requests and was a pleasure to work with. She even helped me unloaded boxes from my car. She kept an eye on the weather and gave us hope for a beautiful event. The reception was completely set up the way we requested. The reception staff was attentive and pleasantly served us throughout the evening. The pitchers of water and tea were readily available. The food was exceptional. Please let the chef know that our guests raved on how delicious their meal was. The salad was fresh, the food was cooked perfectly and was displayed so nicely. The reception staff stayed busy all evening clearing dishes, bringing in more glassware. They worked really hard all evening! All of them had the most gracious manners.

I am so very pleased that we chose the Marriott for our special occasion. Your staff completely came through with GREAT SERVICE. Our guests had a great experience, everyone had a nice meal and enjoyed themselves.

I enjoyed the celebration because I didn't have to work or worry about anything, it was all done with extreme care and attention.

You should be very proud to have a staff that really cares about the customer, this was proven throughout our planning stage and during the event. I am extremely thankful. I hope you will recognize your staff for not only a job well done but for the enthusiasm and support they provide.

Sincerely, Linda Monroe, Mother of the Bride

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Elkins, West Virginia
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The hotel has a great view of the ocean. Just open the bacony door and listen to the ocean waves.The staff was very friendly. Room was pleasant and clean. Only problem was that the room wasn't refreshed on our second day. Had to empty our own trash cans.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

They went above and beyond to make our stay special. When making the reservation it asks if this is for an event, I put daughters 8th birthday. When we returned from dinner they had placed cookies, milk, and two champagne flutes with a birthday card. My daughters were both so excited! Room was fantastic and clean. All staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The suite was great for a family.
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The hotel was great
I really enjoyed the staff named:
Ryan Hodge
The manager Tyler
And all the girls at the front desk were great as well as the cleaning staff especially Alexandra
I had a good time staying there and really felt welcome as well as felt like the staff put our needs above their own and tended to out every need.

Thanks so much

• Stayed March 2014
Greensboro, United States
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with a perfect location for Carolina Beach. My room and bathroom was spacious, sparkling clean and up-to-date. The balcony overlooked the pool, beach and ocean (I think all the rooms do). Restaurant was as good as any in Carolina Beach, and walking distance to many others. I had the pecan crusted grouper, which was on the sweet side, but I liked it that way. The side dish was very tasty, a medley of corn, tomatoes and okra. I complimented Erica Jacobs and Thalia Melahris and told them that I would write a review and commend them for the food and service. I really like that Marriott has added restaurants to their Courtyards where you can have a nice meal with a glass of wine. As a woman traveling alone, I don't like to go walking around at night looking for a restaurant by myself. There was a security issue while I was there and the staff were right on it. I never felt that I had to worry. I plan to return and bring my family; I loved this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This hotel is excellently located overlooking the beach with a boardwalk leading directly to it. The room was quite good, spacious and quiet. The cost was $130 per night.
Some details of maintenance needed to be attended to. For example the coffee maker was dated, only brewed one cup at a time and needed to be unplugged from the wall to be filled with water. As a result the socket was working loose from the wall and could be potentially dangerous (big spark when unplugged). A modern replacement coffee maker could be got for 20 or 30 dollars.
The second negative point was the breakfast; paper cups, everything piled on a single plate (bread, butter, jam, eggs, bacon etc), butter your bread on the table etc , If you are happy with a sub-MacDonalds level of service this might be ok but it's not good enough for a Marriott.
Apart from this I would certainly return, but I would go out for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jimms L
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We spent three nights here and loved it. Great location, great rates and the Bistro has very good food and good value for the amount of food you get. Room are large and so are the bathrooms. The board walk area is very nice with seating to watch the beach activities or just sit and enjoy the ocean.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
#14 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville ...
#2 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach? Share your experiences!