Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$170
$125
Drifters Reef Hotel(Carolina Beach)
$102
Drydock Motel(Carolina Beach)
$90
Surfside Lodge(Carolina Beach)
$125
$121
  • Pool
Golden Sands(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
HotelQuickly
Oceaneer Motel(Carolina Beach)
TripAdvisor
SeaWitch Motel(Carolina Beach)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbreakfast buffetstarbucks coffeeoutdoor poolcorner suiterooms face the oceanoff seasonocean viewan umbrellahigher floorking roomhousekeeping staffsliding doorstaff was very friendly and helpfulboard walkmini fridgebistrobalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family and I had a great experience on our vacation, especially because of the great customer care and service from the Marriott Courtyard, Carolina Beach that was given to us during our visit. We loved the hotel restaurant, the prices were very reasonable for the exceptional food, service, and atmosphere.
Our room had a gorgeous view of the beautiful pool, beach, and ocean. I was impressed with the cleanliness and and modern feel to the room.
I will be a repeat visitor, and will highly recommend the Courtyard Marriott on Carolina Beach!
Thank you for the incredible experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa Marie R
Will L, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property! We are thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience! We hope that you will be able to visit us again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I will not even address the mix up at the desk for two days over our room...I think we wasted more time there than at the pool. Then it took another half hour to check out because they charged us for an extra night.
For 300$ a night I would think there might be glasses instead of paper cups in the room....maybe glass mugs...for coffee instead of paper cups. Beach towels the size of hand towels...really?
There were some lovely people who worked there..Adrian ..our housekeeper...Zach...with our luggage. Ann..I think...serving breakfast...they were great. I guess management is to blame. I just can say it's not a place we would go back to...
The Holiday Inn Sun Spree in Wrightsville about 15 min. away is far more worth it. Sorry ...just sayin' ~

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank difi196

Thank your for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Customer service is always one of our top priorities and while it sounds like we missed the mark on certain areas, I'm glad to know that there were several employees that stood out to you. I want to let you know that I have passed this along to them. Also, I am aware of the problems experienced at check-in, and again I would like to appologize for the inconvienience. While the issue with your reservation was out of our control at a property level, Marriott did contact you several days prior to your arrival in order to relay this information. I appologize again that the experience did not live up to your expectations and I hope that you would reconsider us in the future.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We selected this hotel for a week stay because the TripAdvisor reviews were good. None of the photo's show the 10 acre carnival immediately adjacent to the hotel. Flashing lights and noise until 1-2AM!!! The hotel does face the ocean, but it's in serious need of a facelift. Nothing is horrible, but not worth almost $300 for the night. We've experienced this downward trend with Marriott's quality over the last few years. We moved out after only one night and checked into a Hilton in Mayfare. LOVED IT!! After 20 good years of ONLY staying in Marriott's when we vacationed, it's now Goodbye Mr. Marriott; Hello Mr. Hilton.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CaptainCabinets

I'm very sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your needs. Carolina Beach is certainly a very family oriented beach that does offer some great attractions, such as a carnival on the boardwalk, during the summer months. While we absolutly understand that this may not be to everyone's liking, it is a great amenity for many other guests. The Hilton Garden Inn in Mayfaire is certainly a completely different property than ours, being non-oceanfront and located in a shopping center. To compare the two is not quite an accurate assesment for the public. Again, I'm very sorry that our property did not meet your needs, we value our guests and stive to make everyone's stay a great experience.
Best Regards,

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My family and I stayed at this Courtyard Marriott last week. I couldn't imagine a better or more convenient place to stay in Carolina Beach. This hotel is a short walk from several restaurants and shopping amenities. They have a small carnival during the summer months that our son enjoys,carnies notwithstanding. The room's balcony faced the ocean so we enjoyed the view and saw dolphins going up and down the beach several times. Staying in the hotel with an 8 year old and an 8 month old, we had to take a whole bunch of crap with us, and housekeeping did a great job of working around our mess to make sure our room was cleaned properly. I'm going to make this short and sweet, so if you plan on traveling to the Wilmington/Carolina Beach area, this is the only place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank cf1123
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

This is not an enjoyable review for me. I've been coming to this hotel for the past 10 years and I'm sad to say this past visit will be my last. Noticed a downhill slide about 3 years ago. I've gotten to nope the staff/management and felt comfortable enough telling them my thoughts. Positive feedback from them made me feel good that the right changes would take place. Didn't happen. My wife and I have a daughter that goes to school here so we were not your typical summer renters. We would visit about twice a month summer and winter. This hotel knows they are the only decent hotel here and they take full advantage of that. I'm ok with paying $250+ per night if I'm getting my monies worth. The view and location are great but you need the full plate to keep the right people coming back. They're NOT always going to be the only hotel that's decent here.
Here's a what we experienced this past visit.
Both pools were green. When I asked about this I was told several different things. The most ridiculous was when the front desk told me that was the color it had been painted! Please. No one is going to paint a pool algae green even though I knew it wasn't algae that was making the pool green, it was the PH being low which translates into an unsafe pool. For the record, pools is what I do for a living so I know a little bit about them. I asked several different tones about the color just to see what they would say.
People not staying at hotel but using facilities is annoying, even when they're swimming in a green pool.
They got rid of the free coffee. Yes I know it's free but it was a nice thing for the PAYING guest. I'm sure the main reason is that people not staying here took advantage of that too. Saw this first hand.
Room we stayed in had stains on the ceiling, fire alarm was hanging by wires from ceiling, two outlets were hanging by the wires from wall and bathrooms looked like someone was in a hurry cleaning.
I'm sure while my wife and I not coming back won't bankrupt this place, I'm hoping that enough people read this book I wrote and maybe if enough of us stay away the hotel will make some changes.

• Stayed: June 2013
9  Thank Rodster117

Rodster,
First and foremost, I would like to say that we really appreciate your business over the past several years. Our customers are our top priority and it is very concerning to me that you feel otherwise. I have already spoken with you in regards to the pool situation that you mentioned, however I would like to reiterate that we have 3 Certified Pool Operators on staff and they are deligent in monitoring the chemical levels of both our indoor and outdoor pools. We recently converted our pools to saline in order to minimize the amount of chemicals that have to be put into the waters. This conversion did cause the pool waters to turn a greenish color for several days until the levels were adjusted. At no point during this time were the chemical levels out of the safe zone. Had there been a safety concern at any point we would have immediately shut down the service. We are diligent in maintaining the building, however from time to time issues do occur, as do with any facility. We are certainly not the only place to stay in the area and strive to deliver a product that exceeds the competitors. Thank you again for your continued business.
Regards,