Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach
$127
Drifters Reef Hotel(Carolina Beach)
$137
Golden Sands(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
$159
$146
  • Pool
Oceaneer Motel(Carolina Beach)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbreakfast buffetstarbucks coffeeoutdoor poolcorner suiterooms face the oceanoff seasonocean viewan umbrellahigher floorking roomhousekeeping staffsliding doorstaff was very friendly and helpfulboard walkmini fridgebistrobalcony
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My supervisor and I planned a training for New Exceptional Children's Directors January 8-11th. I worked w/the catering dept. to plan snacks and lunches. They did a fantastic job! Everyone was pleased with the variety and quality of service and food.

Our accomodations were wonderful as well. Very clean and comfortable!

We used vouchers for breakfast. The lady that took care of us remembered our drink preferences and was very friendly.

I actually lost my hotel key while I was walking on the beach. When I went to the front desk to report that, I had a new key in less than 5 minutes!

I hope to go back there w/husband for a weekend get-a-way!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Wife and I went here for a winter "week-end" getaway ...

The good parts ....
Beachfront
Nice Facilities
Nice "standard" rooms
Nice staff
Good location ... close to boardwalk

Now the Bad parts ...
TOO Expensive
TOO Expensive
TOO EXPENSIVE!

To begin with ... its a very nice hotel and beachfront. What more could you want? The only problem is ... Its a Courtyard! And just with that name the price skyrockets. During the summer, prices per night may run $300 to $400 a night. Nothing too special here to warrant those prices but they jack em' up. Way too ridiculous considering there are nice beachfront condos down the road for 1/2 the price!

Because of the "summer" prices, unless I win big, this will never be our location of choice. But the prices do go down during the winter and my wife and I found this was a good location for a small romantic getaway. We got a nice "jacuzzi" room for about $100 a night which included breakfast.

Overall a great place to stay ... if you can afford it.

Room Tip: Not good for a family on a budget. However, during the off season, it is a different story. Great place to visit and prices go down big time.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PastorBrandon81
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The furnishings and decor at this hotel were very up to date. Also, it was nice to find a hotel that offered a two person jacuzzi tub in the room. I wish there would have been literature about the hotel in the room. We weren't sure where everything was located and sure didn't realize that the breakfast wasn't complimentary. I never eat much for breakfast and found out it was $12.99 per person after I had already began fixing my plate.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Christmas trips to the beach have become a family tradition for us. Each year we stay for 4-5 days in an ocean-front establishment somewhere in Virginia, North Carolina, or South Carolina. This year we selected Carolina Beach for the first time and were delighted with our stay in the Marriott Courtyard. Our 9th floor room overlooking the ocean was clean and quite, and at $79.00 per night, quite the value. The hotel's location was convenient for our daily runs along the shore, and for our explorations of the area. Our room appeared to have been recently updated; all was in like-new condition and in perfect working order.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed here for our beach trip Christmas present to each other. For a winter weekend getaway, this was a winner. Location enabled us to walk to restaurants and shops. We caught the Christmas parade also. Lovely beach, nostalgic boardwalk, all added to atmosphere. Our room was large with a king bed and jacuzzi tub. It was comfortable and very clean. There was a tiny balcony with gorgeous ocean front view. Decor was modern, not beachy. There was an indoor pool and exercise room. Both looked very inviting. Starbucks was off the lobby. We checked out menu but did not order. Maybe next time. Staff was friendly. I chose this hotel because I wanted to have a nice place to stay if the weather turned bad and it met my expectations. We would have been comfortable if we had decided not to venture out of the hotel. NC weather can be warm or cold in December! I expect that this would be a very crowded and busy section of Carolina Beach during the summer. We had some concerns about the noise level off the heating/air system but we did not have to use it. All in all a great place. I expect we will return, we love the area. Lots to see. Lots to do!

Room Tip: Higher floors of course for great ocean view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple