Tripadvisor
Carolina Beach
Post
Inbox
Search

“Drinks are weak, place is”
Review of Olde Salty's

Olde Salty's
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Drinks are weak, place is hot inside they wont turn ac on or ceiling fans. Place is dirty and doesn’t smell good

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank Ash1028
Write a reviewReviews (129)

Reviewed August 22, 2019

The services was great, but the food was a little below average. I wouldn't recommend the seafood, but the beer was flowing pretty well.

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank Mary Beth P
Reviewed July 19, 2019

My wife and i have been going to Olde Salty's for many years dating back to when it was on the boardwalk, and never a disappointing meal until this year.
We both had fried seafood platters because they have always been lightly breaded and very good. This year, the food was way over fried and too crunchy....especially the oysters. Maybe just a bad night for them.

Date of visit: July 2019
2  Thank justme5520
Reviewed June 26, 2019 via mobile

We were looking for a good seafood place. ..I wanted fresh fish, like mahi or grouper. But not to be had here. Had to get salmon which was a thin cut & dry . Most items fried . My friends had coconut shrimp & soft shell crab - they said it wa good. Service was excellent. And prices reasonable.

Date of visit: June 2019
2  Thank Gersty34953
Reviewed June 19, 2019

First trip to Carolina Beach and we weren't familiar with any restaurants. Kinda just parked, walked around and ended up here. We wanted to sit on the deck outside but all the seating was taken. We ended up being placed inside in a corner booth right next to the gambling machines, which I didn't care for. Our server seemed a little short with us when we first got there, but she warmed up and turned out to be a decent server. I ordered fried flounder/crabcake with fries and slaw and my husband got fried flounder/oysters/shrimp with fries and slaw. Not sure if the seafood was fresh or frozen but it sure was delicious. Best crab cake I've eaten in a long time and the flounder was perfect. Slaw and fries were good too, although I was disappointed that I was unable to get a baked potato instead of fries. My husband cleaned his plate so his food was good too. Neither of us cared for the sweet tea, It was rather weak and watered down. This seems like more of a locals place because everyone that came in seemed to know everyone else, so we felt a little out of place. Apparently they have karaoke in the evenings, which we did not stay for. All in all, a good meal. Better than Bowman's Seafood down the road, which came recommended but we did not find to be that great.

Date of visit: June 2019