“A nice hole in the wall restaurant-hidden”
Review of Old Salty's

Old Salty's
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Went for dinner had the fried oysters w/sides.Oysters were cooked just right, one said the breading was a little salty,didn't notice.Sides were very good--salads, fried green tomatoes and grilled (?) green beans. Could of left off the hush puppies-tough,cold and tasteless. Service was fast,personal,and great.
A very nice little out of the way place to eat

1  Thank wataugaman
There are newer reviews for Old Salty's

Reviewed August 14, 2014

We were just wondering around and found this little place. Walked in and were seated immediately. Two adults and two kids. It appeared to be more of a bar scene but we were wrong. We ordered a fried seafood combo (clam strips, deviled crab, and crab cake), catfish sandwich, grilled chicken salad, and the chicken florentine. The chicken florentine was the best! Our waitress said I wouldn't be disappointed and she was right! Service was awesome! So glad we gave this place a chance. Would encourage others to try it too.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My wife my kids and myself had dinner here and were very satisfied. My wife and I shared a pick 2 fried seafood meal. Flounder and shrimp. The sides were fries and fried green tomatoes. It was extremely good and the cocktail sauce is amazing. The real stand out was the steamed shrimp appetizer. We got the half pound order. You get your choice of Old Bay or Cajun seasoning. We got Old Bay. They were served with a side of melted butter. They were absolutely delicious. Even if we never stay in Carolina beach again we would go back just to eat there again. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Harmon85
Reviewed June 16, 2014

without question olde salty's is the best restaurant/bar on the boardwalk...great service,ice cold beers and super food..they also have a side bar that stays open later after the main bar closes.they have shuffleboard,bowling,trivia,karoke,shag dancing and dj's...best part is that it's CLEAN unlike the rest

1  Thank bfstone
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I moved from Wilmington,NC to Charlotte, NC in 1996. Old Salty's makes me wanna move back! I have been to Carolina Beach a million times. Don't know how I ever missed this place before, but I am soooooo thankful for "discovering" it this time! My boyfriend and I stopped as we were leaving the beach. I HAD to have the Soft Shell Crab sandwich. I added the onion rings for $1.50 upcharge and I am SOOOOOOO glad I did. Best lunch ever!!! The bartender was extremely nice and friendly!!!!

1  Thank Krishna M