“best on the boardwalk”
Review of Old Salty's

Old Salty's
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 16, 2014

without question olde salty's is the best restaurant/bar on the boardwalk...great service,ice cold beers and super food..they also have a side bar that stays open later after the main bar closes.they have shuffleboard,bowling,trivia,karoke,shag dancing and dj's...best part is that it's CLEAN unlike the rest

1  Thank bfstone

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I moved from Wilmington,NC to Charlotte, NC in 1996. Old Salty's makes me wanna move back! I have been to Carolina Beach a million times. Don't know how I ever missed this place before, but I am soooooo thankful for "discovering" it this time! My boyfriend and I stopped as we were leaving the beach. I HAD to have the Soft Shell Crab sandwich. I added the onion rings for $1.50 upcharge and I am SOOOOOOO glad I did. Best lunch ever!!! The bartender was extremely nice and friendly!!!!

1  Thank Krishna M
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This place is close to our hotel, so we could easily walk there. Not a place I would pack up the family and drive to, but it is not as horrible as the previous reviews state. It's a little hole in the wall place that serves your typical seafood (frozen…not local) food. Most in my part got fried food….which was good. I ordered grilled fish with vegetables and it was good. There was one waiter/bartender for the whole place…but the food came out quickly and we didn't have to wait too long for drinks….he was moving. If you happen to be close to this place and are hungry, it will do the trick.

1  Thank Wolfgame
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

The water tasted like it came straight out of the bathroom sink. The crab cakes were TERRIBLE, it was nothing but breading and IMITATION crab meat. This was the worst place we dined at during our trip. Never again!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Got hungry sitting by the water so we put the flip flops on and stumbled upon this little restaurant while walking the Carolina Boardwalk. Staff was super busy but managed to get all orders in at a reasonable pace. We had the chicken sandwich, a burger and the coconut shrimp. All were served hot and fresh with a generous quantity of side items. Onion rings were a little greasy but aren't they always? They were nice enough to pack it to go. Family friendly. While sitting at the bar waiting I noticed they knew every regular patron by first name to include their orders from memory. Staff was super nice.

1  Thank Lissie M