“Not bad for beach food!”
Review of Old Salty's

Old Salty's
Cuisines: Seafood
Davie, Florida
“Not bad for beach food!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Got hungry sitting by the water so we put the flip flops on and stumbled upon this little restaurant while walking the Carolina Boardwalk. Staff was super busy but managed to get all orders in at a reasonable pace. We had the chicken sandwich, a burger and the coconut shrimp. All were served hot and fresh with a generous quantity of side items. Onion rings were a little greasy but aren't they always? They were nice enough to pack it to go. Family friendly. While sitting at the bar waiting I noticed they knew every regular patron by first name to include their orders from memory. Staff was super nice.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lissie M

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Wouldn't serve me!”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Went here for lunch and they wouldn't serve me a corn dog because they were low on corn dogs and they are saving them for kids!!! REALLY?!?!?! Instead they told me to go to another hot dog place...they rather loose money than serve me what I ordered?!?

Summerfield, North Carolina
“good crab cake sandwich”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Stumble upon this hole in the wall while walking in the area. Since we knew soft shell were in season decided to try one for lunch. While it was not the best we ever had, these were very tasty. Kids had hamburger and shrimp. They liked it was well.
The only downside was that the waitress told my kids that the Styrofoam cup their water was served in was biodegradable (my girls knew this was not true)
Overall this was a good place to go if you are in the area.

• Visited May 2014
Durham, North Carolina
“Great meals!”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Hubs said best soft shell crab sandwich ever and my hamburger was so good that I had two more that week. Hard to explain how French fries can be so good but these are the best!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Ellen C
Jamestown, North Carolina
“Ok”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The husband and I had the blue plate special. His oysters were good, my shrimp satisfactory. My oldest daughter had the kids shrimp boat and it was very small. The restaurant had just opened for the season and had an unpleasant musty smell. The waitress was very nice but had on an overpowering amount of perfume, you could literally taste it when she walked by. Very average.

Visited April 2014