“Thank You Beachside Inn”
Review of Beachside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Beachside Inn
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Bristol, Virginia
Reviewed August 27, 2005

My family and I stayed 4 nights at the Beachside Inn and really enjoyed
our stay. We enjoyed the quiet, more laid back atmosphere that was at the
motel. We had never visited this area of NC before and Beachside Inn was
the first place I called. The hospitality of the family that owns the motel was
great. We were impressed with the overall layout of the Motel and the
cleanliness of the rooms. A great deal for the prices offered for the room
available. When my family and I get a chance to go back to this area again,
Beachside Inn will be the place to stay. Location to everything was great.
The beach, tourist attractions, and other attractions were all close at hand.
Thanks again to the Beachside Inn family for making our trip to the NC
coast a great one! They were all so courteous and friendly. Our family had a great trip and would greatly advise others going to this area to look up
the Beachside Inn. Thanks again.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

North Carolina
Reviewed August 9, 2005

Had to check-in one hour late, because they were short staffed and rooms weren't ready. The advertisement is misleading where it states ocean front view. This building is located behind the ocean front condos. There are holes in wall. For some reason they have other hotel's items in the room such as, Holiday Inn shampoo and soap, Eglin shower curtains, Clarion waste baskets. Front desk personal not courteous. They don't mind yelling at your children. It's a cheap hotel with a high dollar price tag.

• Stayed: July 2005
Durham
Reviewed August 8, 2005

My husband and I wanted some place really close to the beach for a weekend getaway. We are expecting our first child so we are on a budget. I wanted to find something for less than $100 a night. When I read about the Beachside Inn and how close it was. I figured what could it hurt.
It is a small mom and pop operation. It has a better feel than a lot of beach side motels because it is several little builldings surrounding a pool.
Our room was small, but we werent' there for the size of the room. It was a clean room, and they cleaned it daily for us. I did see 1 roach in the office, but it was one of those huge summer roaches not a dirty little house roach. No bugs or roaches in our room. We had an $89 rate, and we were literally right next to the beach. Being pregnant I didn't want to lug a bunch of stuff a long way. It was really a great deal! I work for a major Hotel in the city where I came from, and have been in hotels for 10 years. This is not a cozy little bed and breakfast. This is a casual beach town motel. But if you aren't concerend with the little things it is a good deal.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
raleigh, nc
Reviewed August 2, 2005

ive been meaning to write a review sooner than this but havent had a chance. My husband and I visit Carolina Beach often, but 1st time to Beachside Inn. Very nicely run motel. people are very friendly, wonderful views of the ocean. Clean rooms! great location, cant wait to go back next year!
kim r.
raleigh, nc

• Stayed: June 2005
Reviewed July 31, 2005

We booked 4 nights at the Beachside Inn and will definitely not be back. The room smelled very moldy, and obviously used to be a garage. There were cinderblock walls and exposed pipes all through the room. Since this room faced the street, there was no place to sit outside in the evenings or to hang wet swimsuits and towels. I'm guessing that the wide range of reviews for this motel might have to do with the various room locations. While the owners were friendly, there were other problems. We were never given any hand towels unless we asked for them, and sand was never cleaned out of the sink and tub. They failed to make our bed one day because (I assume) we went to breakfast and left a few brochures/coupons on the bed. While the room didn't really look dirty, we never really felt it was clean, either. I guess the bottom line is - you get what you pay for.

Stayed: July 2005
Valdese, NC
Reviewed July 6, 2005

My family stayed here for our vacation this year and we really enjoyed our stay. The inn is very close to the beach so that was a plus. The rooms are not all that big so that may be a concern to some. Unlike some other reviews here, We saw no roaches or electrical plugs or outlets exposed.
The owners were some of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet and was always willing to answer any questions or help us out anyway they could. Anytime they saw us out of the room, they would ask us how every thing was and if we needed anything.

The inn is next to a laundramat and a small resturant. a Scotchman pantry is just a very short walk away.
Most of the stores are located north of the inn and a good walking distance away for those who dont like alot of walking. We mainly tried to leave the car parked and travel on foot so if you plan on driving then it wouldnt take long at all to get from place to place.

I guess my only complaint was not having a ocean front room with a balcony to oversee the ocean during the evening and at night. Other than that i have no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Proctorville Ohio
Reviewed June 21, 2005

My freind and I stayed at Beachside In in June and we had the best time!
I was a little conserned about the motel because their wasnt a lot of pictures on the pc. I could find. But when I got thier and I saw what a nice place it was I was inpressed. Im not a fancy person and didnt want a highclass place to stay. that is one of the reasons I picked a small motel.
I got to know the family that has the motel and and had the best time spending time with them. I am looking fordward to seeing them again and we will keep in touch on line also.
If you are lookin for a motel to stay and be close to the beach this is the one. Very clean and the beds are the best!
Thanks to the Beachside Inn faimly