“Terrific for the price!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beachside Inn- TEMPORARILY CLOSED

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Beachside Inn- TEMPORARILY CLOSED
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
“Terrific for the price!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here twice now. But this time our battery in our car died. The wonderful husband of one of the ladies took my husband 30 minutes into Wilmington to the auto center to purchase another battery. As if that wasn't enough, he then whipped out his tools and showed my husband how to install it. Then he refused when we tried to pay for his time and gas. These are wonderful people and as you can see they are generous and helpful. Oh and the room was crazy clean which is why we came back in the first place... I'm a complete germ-a-phobe!! You really can not get a better stay with this price, this location, and the exquisite garden smells beautiful!! You will enjoy!!

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Flowem2316

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights and just let me tell you I was very pleased with the location, the service, the room was absolutely wonderful. I will definately be staying here again. The staff was so nice to me and went out of there way several times to help me. I walked everywhere the entire time I was there. I couldnt have asked for a more peaceful and enjoyable stay..thank you so much..I will be back!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank mysticaledge
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2010

We stayed at the Beachside Inn for two nights and had a reasonably good stay here. It is slightly away from the main city and so you need to drive around a little bit to get to the major attractions. But, the place is clean, quiet and inexpensive. The air-conditioning made a lot of noise and so, we chose to have it turned off the whole time. But, overall a nice place for the money!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Luckyluma
Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

It was the only place with a vacancy. It's bare bones, no frills at best. I tried to turn on the lamp and the fixture flopped over in my hand. I could have been shocked by the exposed wires. I had to reassemble the lamp to make it safe.

I don't understand the reviews that say it's a good deal or good price. It was $155 for one night to stay in a place that had nothing great about it. Except maybe the location, the location is very good but there are much, much nicer places to stay in the same price range.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jtgriffin07
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2010

Having family in the Wilmington area, we have opted to stay here several times. It's a nice place that is reasonably clean, it's older so it's doesn't have a pristine feel, and the furnishings and such make it feel dated, but it has "old beach" character. It's reasonably priced, especially for a place so convenient to the beach...there is a boardwalk right behind the motel. I reccomend you request a room in the interior, around the pool area, or along the back, since the street side can get a little noisy. Parking is minimal, only one car per guest room, and visitors are limited to just an hour or so, and have to check in with the office, but it is free parking and a park across the street if you have guests that wish to stay longer. The management/staff is (I believe) a family, and that are very friendly and helpful. The last time we were there the outside chairs were in really rough shape, but it was just at the beginning of the season, so they may have addressed that by now. In any case, it's the place I always check to see if there is availability before moving on to anyplace else, especially if we are planning on spending a day or two at the beach. It's also close to the NC Aquarium and Fort Fisher, both interesting places to visit.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Oldbat_in_NC
Chapel Hill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2010

The hotel is very close to a public access boardwalk with a shaded gazebo, and the beach there is lovely and never too crowded. You can avoid traffic by walking to coffee shops, mexican restaurant, pizza parlors, steak restaurant, bar, pancake house, etc. The rooms are simple, but in my three stays there, they have always been clean. That's all I require, because I'm always at the beach! The hotel is run by an asain family, and the meandering paths, strange gardens, and smell of Thai(?) food at night, just adds to the charm. A welcome relief from the cookie-cutter Holiday Inns. I love the vines growing up the rails and how the staff let you park there, even after you have checked out. As long as you follow their rules: don't add extra people into your room, don't cancel at the last minute (both of whch they warn you about), you'll be pleased. My only complaint is that I've never seen the pool functional. They always say "waiting for inspection, mam."

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank Yvette_ChapelHill
NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2009

My husband and I decided to take a last minute trip to the beach on July 4th weekend. One of the few places we found with an opening was the Beachside Inn. We knew it wasn't on the beach, and we knew it had a king-sized bed, frig, and microwave. Since we had never stayed in Carolina Beach before, we didn't have any idea about the property, but felt good enough about the description and the conversation with the lovely lady who booked our stay that we took our chances. The price was right at $109.00 during the busiest tourist week of the year.

The Beachside is a simple, but clean, and very well-positioned family motel just blocks south of the boardwalk and a short walk across the street from the lake, within 3-4 blocks of a variety of different restaurants, and an easy 3-5 mile drive to Kure Beach, Ft. Fisher, and a NC Aquarium. Even though this motel is not oceanfront, it is steps from the boardwalk that leads to a fabulous beach--and an excellent place to view fireworks on July 3 and every Thursday in the summer. While we didn't use the pool, it was clean and off the street (so many of the motel pools are right on the main Carolina Beach--Kure Beach road, which can be very noisy in the summer) with lots of chaise lounges and decks to sun on.

We stayed in Room #20, which has a king-sized bed and lots of room, a porch overlooking the lovely garden, and steps that lead to the back of the property and the beach. (I would avoid the rooms on the street side, and upstairs seems better than down.) The room was comfortable and clean. The family that owns the hotel was very kind and friendly and full of good advice; there's free coffee in the morning. We would definitely stay there again. They also rent a cottage next door, and at least one of the rooms is an efficiency . For meals we enjoyed the Deck House, Big Daddy's, the Treehouse Bistro, and A & G. We took our chances, read the reviews here and on their website, and had a fabulous long holiday weekend!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple