“Great Food”

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Great Food”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had the lobster roll and we both agreed it was excellent. This is not a restaurant. It is a bar that serves excellent seafood. There's only 3 or 4 tables that can seat 3 people each. The rest of the seats are bar stools. I would definitely recommend this place if you're looking for good seafood.

1 Thank Sweetlu4

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Fantastic shellfish!!!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I knew that during my stay in Carolina Beach (8/14) I wanted to eat good seafood, and by the reviews here on tripadvisor, Shuckin' Shack was a place to try! It definitely seemed to be that way when I arrived; seating is VERY limited, and I had to wait quite a while for a spot at the bar to open. There was a fantastic mix of locals and tourists alike. This place DID NOT DISSAPOINT, the wait was totally worth it. I happened to be there on 35 cent clam night (they have different specials each day) and decided to order a plate, and also a dozen of their steamed mussels ($4.50; so cheap!) This was quite literally some of the best shellfish I have ever tasted. make sure to get some of their "bottlecaps" (fried slices of jalapeno) the are a fantastic side!

Churchville, New York
“Small place with huge flavors”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

This place is small so don't expect to have a sit down meal with family. I have never had raw oysters before and they were kind enough to let me try one before ordering. I loved it! I ordered the cold dish and that came with raw oyster and clam and huge shrimp. It would normally come with crab claw but the were out and gave extra shrimp and clam. It all was great and hope I can make it back before leaving

Holly Springs
“Don't miss a visit on your next trip”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We have been to the Shack many times, and went back for a couple of visits this past weekend. Raw oysters, littleneck clams, the lobster dinner, and crab legs were all terrific. As usual, the service was fast, even though both visits were during peak dinner hours and it was PACKED. The menu is far ranging and lots of choices!

We always try to visit at least once per trip to the beach, you should too.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best Seafood in town”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We ate here twice during our week stay. Both times we had the steam pot and it was delicious. Definitely recommend eatting here at least once. We ate at another local place with a similar menu and didn't enjoy it as much as the Shuckin Shack.