“Local bar, great seafood”
Review of Shuckin Shack

Shuckin Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here for dinner based on other TripAdvisor reviews and we were not disappointed! They had some great summer beers on tap and the seafood was plentiful and reasonably priced. It is a pretty small space, but we sat on the bar and enjoyed great, friendly service by the bartender. Enjoyed the laid-back atmosphere!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

When you can get better Oysters in Madison, Wisconsin that says something about this restaurant and it is not good. The oysters at this place were tasteless, shell filled and just plain gross. I couldn't even eat the full dozen I got. I was in all honesty afraid I was going to get sick after eating them, thankfully I did not. I wanted to get some shrimp while there and couldn't because the steamer was broken... not their fault I guess but disappointing. I'm not sure where the people in the high rated reviews ate of if I just visited on a bad night. Either way I would never go back.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a small "tavern" not really a shack with typical beach theme. Best place for beer and shelfish on the island and a nice friendly place to watch sports if you can find a place to sit.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Shuckin Shack is not a 5 star restaurant with linens, etc....but if you want darned good seafood, this is the place to go! Our first night on the island found us here for the Steampot--crab legs, shrimp, oysters, clams, corn on the cob and some wonderful creamy cole slaw! Be prepared to eat through because it's a lot of food! It was so good that we stopped in the next afternoon for a mid day snack of steamed shrimp in old bay and more slaw...YUM!! During our visit, we stopped in there a total of five times so that should tell you how good it really is. Definitely messy though -- you'll feel like you need a bib so don't wear white or anything good...but then again, who wears good clothes on a beach trip? The service was good, bartenders helpful, and they kept up with the incredibly busy pace they had...and the second time we were in, they even remembered what we drank and asked us if that's what we wanted as soon as we sat down! We were lucky to get a table that first night so remembering our drink orders 24 hours later was quite a surprise!

We were very happy with the Shuckin Shack and will definitely be back on our next trip to the beach!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Small, local hangout w/ great deals on oysters and clams...you get your $$ worth every time. Fun place to hang.