“OMG! Delicious! Locally sourced food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Surf House Cafe & Shop

Surf House Cafe & Shop
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Southport, North Carolina
“OMG! Delicious! Locally sourced food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Unassuming surf cafe, excellent service...food on a scale of 1 - 10...it gets a 12. Totally unexpected but the chef was on his game! I had the shrimp & grits appetizer...a small meal for a light eater and thought it was the best I've eaten..we also had the shrimp tacos - delicious. The key lime pie was heavenly and the bourbon pecan pie must have been a special recipe...even the vanilla ice cream was delish! We are definitely going back. Small parking lot..."Garmin" or "Google" the location otherwise you might miss it! DON'T MISS THIS!

3 Thank joalleB

Moseley, Virginia
“Great Food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

I went to Surfhouse for the first time I will go back!! I ordered the brisket as my entree it was delicious , very tender with just the right amount of kick. I also tried the watermelon salad wonderful combination of sweet and salt. For dessert the bread pudding was amazing.Very friendly staff and excellent service definitely recommend !!!!!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delectable Dining at Surf House”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

I'm no food critic but know a good thing when I see it. We were first time visitors to Carolina Beach in early June 2014. When asking around about good restaurants Surf House seemed to surface more than any other. So Surf House it was. The first night we had dinner there (yes, it was so good we went back for dinner a second time and breakfast twice too!) we had seafood. My wife who is a great cook in her own right started off with an appetizer of burnt end bbq brisket nestled in a bed of sweet potato. And I had the Smoked Trout Avocado Dip. Both were divine and healthy portions. Being that it was a big Race weekend (Belmont) we had to order their Mint Julep's and one was just not enough! The Cilantro Lime shrimp salad was clean, refreshing and pure so the flavor of the shrimp wasn't obscured. The pecan encrusted sea bass was cooked to perfection and it too was simple allowing the true taste of the sea bass to be experienced. The atmosphere is comfortable and laid back yet the food was prepared and plated in a sophisticated manner. Ok, I'm realizing how long this is getting so I'll summarize...... The prices were so reasonable we chose to dine there several times. After two dinners, a breakfast and a brunch we can honestly say its a fantastic restaurant. Make this one of your stops while in Carolina Beach!

1 Thank David K
High Point, North Carolina
“Excellent lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We met for lunch after reading some good reviews of this restaurant. We went for lunch and it was fantastic! The service was excellent and everyone at the table had something different - everyone's food was delicious! The atmosphere was beachy, simple and comfortable.

Southern Pines, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

We ate dinner here our first night in Carolina Beach. The food was so fresh and delicious and the service was great. My husband enjoyed the selection of NC beers. Several vegetarian options.

Visited June 2014